Any experiences with the bigger Wolf Von Langa speakers?

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
By which i mean the London, Chicago and Berlin open baffle speakers?

Would they have the bass output I've grown accustomed to with my Stellas?

They offer the intruiging proposition of field coils as dipoles, with apparently strong bass potential, given the on paper specifications. And I'm still very much on the lookout for dipoles that do bass?

Thank you for your observations

Gav

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
By which i mean the London, Chicago and Berlin open baffle speakers?

Would they have the bass output I've grown accustomed to with my Stellas?
Difficult to say, probably not I'd say, unless you have a smallish room that stifles your Stellas. But the bass is clear and the filed coil coil offers extra flexibility
And I'm still very much on the lookout for dipoles that do bass?

Thank you for your observations

Gav
Have you considered the Linkwitz labs LX521? Open baffle, including the bass.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Thank you Greg
The Linkwitz speakers do look interesting. Good value too.
Only snag, it seems they come with dedicated amplifiers, and I'm very attached to my new 2160

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
Actually the amps are not mandatory.
However the 521s are 4-way with an external electronic kine-level xover which comes before the amps. So they are easier to drive but still require 4-5 channels per side. It would seem that there is a passive xover available -- but I have no more info.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Joe Cohen of Lotus Group USA will be showing the WVL London at the California Audio Show, Spetember 22-24.
I've asked him if he can share his experience here after the show.

Joe Cohen

Industry Expert
Jun 10, 2012
Joe Cohen of Lotus Group USA will be showing the WVL London at the California Audio Show, Spetember 22-24.
I've asked him if he can share his experience here after the show.
We are now set up at the California Audio Show which opens tomorrow. The combination of Wolf Von Langa, SW1X and PranaWire is truly amazing. Try to make it if you can. This will be a singular demonstration.

bitstream

Jul 4, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
We are now set up at the California Audio Show which opens tomorrow. The combination of Wolf Von Langa, SW1X and PranaWire is truly amazing. Try to make it if you can. This will be a singular demonstration.
Highlight of the show for me. Fast, transparent, dynamic, musical. Stunning synergy with SW1X.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing