ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
He he he... I've driven the GTV6!

mojave

Oct 29, 2010
Elkhorn, NE
I have a 1986 Spider sitting in my garage waiting for me to replace the carb mounts. It has dual Dellorto carbs. I only drove it home after purchasing it and haven't gotten around to this project yet. :)

I also have a 1976 Fiat 128 that my dad bought in 1981 or '82. It blew a head gasket when I was in high school and has't run since. It has been sitting for the past 24 years and I don't think it is worth even keeping anymore although last year Automobile magazine called it a collectible classic.

This isn't my Alfa, but is what mine looks like :

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
The 33 Stradale is automotive perfection

Cyclotronguy

Aug 31, 2012
N. CA
I've owned both a TZ and a Duetto, raced the '66 Duetto back in the 70's. Never had an reliability issue other than with the fact that they gave exactly zero thought to rust prevention. But corrosion was not a big deal in Northern CA.

They were fun cars, with a light flywheel and limited slip the Duetto made short work of German hardware be it autocross in the parking lot of the local Jr College or at Sears Point.

And yes a classic HEMI head. You could look right through the engine if both valves were open...... and with 110 degrees of overlap they frequently were.

Cyclotronguy

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Oh, yeah. I used to watch a guy drive his pre-war Alfa at Limerock- which, if you know it, is a pretty small track. Grew up with those cars- came close to buying an old Duetto to run the Targa Florio a few years ago. Lancia, early FIATs, Ferraris- love 'em all, the older the better.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The first car I bought after graduating from university was an Alfa GTV6. This exact one:

Keith

nice to see you back in our neck of the woods. I hope your work load has been ameliorated and you have some more free time to spend her (especially since the new iphone release will be announced Sept 10 ;))

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Montreals must be worth some money today. I see them occasionally at shows, but haven't done the show scene in a number of years.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
the pics below are a one off pininfarina-bodied guilia 1600 sport, besides the pre-war race cars and monoposto cars the pinin concept alfa is one the most desireable. my father in law purchased this very car for matsuda-san, the tokyo real estate tycoon, back around 1980. he bought it off a san fransico based collector for approx 60 grand and made the 500 mile drive down hwy 101 to his residence in socal. today its worth is probably north of a few mil. it was one of the stars at villa d'Estes a few years ago and was the first time it had been been publically displayed in the last few decades.

my FIL exported a number of rare ferraris and porsches for matsuda-san during this period when the ferrari and porsche museums of japan were in existance. My FIL got the full walter mitty experience on a number of occaisions here and at Fuji raceway in japan. matsuda-san and otis chandler of LA Times fame (who also owned a 917k) would rent riverside raceway for the day to run their porsche 917ks and matsuda-sans 917/30...yes a 917/30, both cars my FIL got to take hot laps in. its a crying shame i didnt know my future inlaws back then!

Attachments

• 20382.jpg
    20382.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-1600-Sport-Pininfarina-Coupe_6.jpg
    Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-1600-Sport-Pininfarina-Coupe_6.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Keith

nice to see you back in our neck of the woods. I hope your work load has been ameliorated and you have some more free time to spend her (especially since the new iphone release will be announced Sept 10 ;))

Thanks Steve. Don't worry, I will be around to bash it :)

Here are a few more pics from the Melbourne Alfa club day:

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
the pics below are a one off pininfarina-bodied guilia 1600 sport, beside the pre-war race cars and monoposto F1 cars the pinin concept alfa is one the most desireable. my father in law purchased this very car for matsuda-san, the tokyo real estate tycoon, back in around 1980. he bought off a san fransico based collector for approx 60 grand made the 500 mile drive down hwy 101 to his residence in socal, today its worth is probably north of a few mil. it was one of the stars at villa d'Estes a few years ago and was the first time it had been been publically displayed for the last few decades.

my FIL exported a number of rare ferraris and porsches for matsuda-san during this period when the ferrari and porsche museums of japan were in existance. My FIL got the full walter mitty experience on a number of occaisions here and at Fuji raceway in japan. matsuda-san and otis chandler of LA Times fame (who also owned a 917k) would rent riverside raceway for the day to run their porsche 917ks and matsuda-sans 917/30...yes a 917/30, both cars my FIL got to take hot laps in. its a crying shame i didnt know my future inlaws back then!
Killer.
Is it offspring of the Disco Volante?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing