Antipodes CX+EX

perfusionist

Nov 4, 2020
Does the P1 USB cable have two legs? If so, connect both. P1 should be connected before server is booted. CD drives are recognised automatically so long as they are connected before startup.
It only had 1 usb.

Parsons

Mar 31, 2018
Ohio
Tried that, still doesn't work. First time ripping CDs. Tried another CD that didn't work as well. May be its an issue with storage location?
I have a 2TB SSD in the bay in CX. Where do I set the storage location?

Sorry to backtrack, but do you have Roon setup already and a Storage Folder set in Settings?

perfusionist

Nov 4, 2020
Yes I do. I am using Roon server and HQ player NAA. I uploaded some of my files under the FLAC folder.

Parsons

Mar 31, 2018
Ohio
I didn't seem to need to do anything in settings for my P1 (at least I don't remember doing anything other than dropping a disk in and it worked). I have a disk or two I need to rip...give me a few and I'll play around with it and see if I can think of anything for you.

td19

Sep 29, 2017
Tried that, still doesn't work. First time ripping CDs. Tried another CD that didn't work as well. May be its an issue with storage location?
I have a 2TB SSD in the bay in CX. Where do I set the storage location?
Storage location for CD rips is set automatically (/storage/music/flac folder). Check that the CD Import app shows under Apps. If it does click the icon and you will see ripper progress. If it does not show install the app from Apps/Software Manager/Available Apps.

Reactions: perfusionist

Parsons

Mar 31, 2018
Ohio
On myantipodes.com, if you select the Apps tab, there is an app where you can kind of watch what's happening during import. Did you happen to find that?

Reactions: perfusionist

Parsons

Mar 31, 2018
Ohio
While I'm in the stretch of EX/CX posts, I don't seem to be able to update either of mine to 2.8 from 2.7. Is this something I should be able to do myself successfully with the console/app? It appears to "work" in the logs, but after reboot it remains 2.7 on both units after multiple tries.

what am I missing?

perfusionist

Nov 4, 2020
Storage location for CD rips is set automatically (/storage/music/flac folder). Check that the CD Import app shows under Apps. If it does click the icon and you will see ripper progress. If it does not show install the app from Apps/Software Manager/Available Apps.
@td19 THANK YOU!!!!
I didn't have the CD import app. Installed it and looks like its working now! Thanks

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
While I'm in the stretch of EX/CX posts, I don't seem to be able to update either of mine to 2.8 from 2.7. Is this something I should be able to do myself successfully with the console/app? It appears to "work" in the logs, but after reboot it remains 2.7 on both units after multiple tries.

what am I missing?
Follow the instructions on post #204.
Worked for me a few days ago, but it assigned a new fingerprint for the embedded HQPlayer so my license key didn’t work. Jussi seemed to reluctantly issue a new key after requesting. He didn’t think the fingerprint would change. But it did.
Sold my EX+CX. Ordered a K50.

Parsons

Mar 31, 2018
Ohio
BTW, I should note...AFTER I ordered the P1 but before it had arrived (I wanted to use it as an isolation base for the CX since I also already had the EX/P2 in that config), I happened to find a BluRay burner drive that I bought a decade ago. It was self-powered (via wall-wart), but had USB out. I plugged it into the CX and popped a disk in and the CX imported the disk in what I imagine the identical process it uses with the P1, showing the results in the app and everything (if I recall?). So I'm not sure there is ANY special sauce with the P1 drive itself outside of perhaps it's isolation qualities, which I have never really tested. So my guess is if there are some with 2 USBs and some with 1, Antipodes may have found different internal drives for different units and didn't find that that made a difference in the end...just speculating.

Parsons

Mar 31, 2018
Ohio
Follow the instructions on post #204.
Worked for me a few days ago, but it assigned a new fingerprint for the embedded HQPlayer so my license key didn’t work. Jussi seemed to reluctantly issue a new key after requesting. He didn’t think the fingerprint would change. But it did.
Sold my EX+CX. Ordered a K50.

thanks, headed back to read that now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing