Amazon Seller's Sense of Humor

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Was shopping for this Hans Zimmer soundtrack and this is what the search on Amazon showed:

$169 for a CD like this???

And the used one is $179? Who is the bright bulb that would pay more for the used than new?

And this is the condition of the used item: "Used - Acceptable." So a beat up copy costs this much? Tell me it ain't so!

So far I have not found a link on Amazon to anything cheaper. Anyone else has?

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
That better be a damn good soundtrack because the Blu-Ray + DVD is only $12.79!

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
That's nothing. I noticed this for a CD I purchased a couple years ago. I guess because it is the Russion remix that makes it rare.

LG_CD.jpg

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yikes! I have been shopping for CDs from third-party sellers because Amazon doesn't have it. The prices go like $20, $21, $22 and then there are a couple of schmucks at the end of the list with $320, $330! THey have the audacity to also charge $3.99 shipping! This is all for identical item.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
And to think I only paid $10 on Amazon for the "Winters Tale" soundtrack. It is pretty decent.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I was going by your recommendation in the other thread and it indeed sounds pretty good. I have not heard a Hans zimmer soundtrack I have not liked. I will keep looking to find it cheaper.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing