All new THORENS SoundWall HP 600 Loudspeakers At Munich 2023

Wilmington

Apr 5, 2013
Just heard it and for me it was one of the few speakers that I would take away with me from the show… And as personal as it is - the design is stunning as well!

IMG_2557.JPG
IMG_2558 2.JPG

IMG_2559 2.JPG

IMG_2560 2.JPG
(yes, it has a rear-firing tweeter)

Thorens Soundwall HP-600

I was most impressed by Thorens new Soundwalls, the open baffle, dipole design was implemented by Joachim Gerhard (formerly with Audio Physics), while the industrial design was by Helmut Thiele, who also designed the Thorens 140th Anniversary, Reference turntable, except for the active suspension. not to mention the extraordinary Thiele TA-01 zero tracking error, four pivot points tonearm.

The demo system included the new Reference turntable ( Gunther used the Thiele TA-01 tonearm), a new Thorens phono stage, Luxman M-900u. BTW, the speakers are 95dB efficient, so a low-powered but strong tube amp should be able to drive the Soundwalls effortlessly.
I shot a few videos, I have yet to upload the Lady Blackbird track, which was also stunning.

Fausto Mesolelle - Anima

Charlie Rouse– You Don't Know What Love Is

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
the old hp 380 soundwalls were fine. nice that thorens builds the speaker again in modern design THORENS-HP-380.jpg

Reactions: Philip O Hanlon

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing