All New Daniel Hertz AMBER System Review : Why Pay More ?

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Just wait until the next big thing he "discovers", then sell the Amber system and buy that. I wonder how many EverSolo streamers he has sold for them? I know he is not on commission, but it is just interesting to me. Get the T+A DAC, no wait, get the Aavik DAC....

ASR= Created massive sales for Topping
GoldenSound= Created massive sales for Holo

The comment about the Amber system making everything sound beautiful- red flags for me, personally, but to each, their own.

Reactions: Lee

geetee1972

Feb 12, 2021
I like Steve but I am not sure I would trust a Hifi review from a guy who also claims he can hear the voices of the dead in the back ground static of a radio.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I like Steve but I am not sure I would trust a Hifi review from a guy who also claims he can hear the voices of the dead in the back ground static of a radio.

To be fair to Steve, Halloween is approaching. ;)

Seriously though, he might have some strange views on other topics, but he seems fairly reasonable on audio reviews.

geetee1972

Feb 12, 2021
To be fair to Steve, Halloween is approaching. ;)

Seriously though, he might have some strange views on other topics, but he seems fairly reasonable on audio reviews.
I never worked out whether he's a genuine believer of that stuff (huff?) or just doing it to make money from it, which is fair enough and not something I haev a particular problem with. I had a dialogue with him at one point years ago when I was developing my photography practise and he featured my work a fair bit on his site. I always found him to be very engaged and engaging as well as very sincere.

Reactions: Lee

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
I watch Steve's reviews, although not many of the products he features interest me. In order for any channel to stay relevant they must continually publish new content and that means a steady stream of new products coming in an out of view. Steve seems to do a decent job of historical perspective and why he enjoys this over that. As with all reviewers I would enjoy seeing more of every review not being the greatest thing since the lightbulb. That said, at all price levels there have never been more great products to choose from than today!

Last edited:

Redwoodaudio

Aug 25, 2021
From this above-linked review: "BTW, I only write about what I absolutely love and would recommend 100% so the companies I speak of deserve the attention." This kind of reviewing stance is wonderful for manufacturers and dealers, not so great for everyday consumers, in my opinion. A truly informative review process would include information on gear that one doesn't "absolutely love" as consumers will nonetheless come across gear like that in the marketplace and be looking for useful information.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing