Aida Owners?

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
I am considering moving from Sonus Faber Stradivaris to a minty pair of Aida 1st Generation.

After a few conversations with owners of Aidas, I have some conflicting view points. Either they love them or they couldn’t sell them fast enough.

Would any existing or previous owners of Aidas care to comment on your experience?

— Amplification needs?
— Equipment that worked well or didn’t?
— If you moved on, why did you move on?

Appreciate any input.

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Bump?

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
why did people sell them quickly? I've never heard that before. the series 1s around $60k always seemed like a great value for a SOTA speaker.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I am considering moving from Sonus Faber Stradivaris to a minty pair of Aida 1st Generation.

After a few conversations with owners of Aidas, I have some conflicting view points. Either they love them or they couldn’t sell them fast enough.

I only sold my Aida's because they needed a more powerful amplifier than the Audio Research REF 150 I owned at that time and a good friend wanting them desperately made me an unbelievable offer ...

Would any existing or previous owners of Aidas care to comment on your experience?

— Amplification needs?

They need current, not exactly power. Although the impedance curve looks nice once we increase the level of the back units the impedance decreases significantly in the midrange and treble.

Sounded excellent with the conrad johnson premier 350. The old DartZeel NHN108 was not a good match, the Siegfried II's I currently own would probably be great.

— Equipment that worked well or didn’t?

In my room they sounded great with digital - very "liquid" , grain free voices, enormous soundstage and controlled bass - , Transparent Audio cables and the Audio Research preamplfiers.
— If you moved on, why did you move on?

Appreciate any input.

I also owned the Stradivari's - but not just before the Aida's. There is no possible comparison, the Aida's are an order of magnitude better than the Stradivari in every aspect. I would be happy living forever with the Aida's I or II. Going from the Aida to the Wilson X2's was just a side move, I had to get the XLF's to jump ahead. ;)

At a nice used price the Aida's are a bargain - in EC they never show for long.

Reactions: Lagonda

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Thank you for your input!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing