Adventures of TinTin 3D

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Was able to break away and see this one at Regal Cinema Dublin.

Directed by Steven Spielberg, villain's voice by Daniel Craig.

I have never liked the Dreamworks animations as much as the Pixars, but with this one, it seems to be catch up time. I really enjoyed this movie, and the 3D was tasteful and engaging, story line involving. Such an elaborate piece of work, I was impressed.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
We all enjoyed it as well. I thought the 3D renditions in both this and Hugo were extra-ordinary

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Took the kids to see TinTin last weekend in the 2D version....Saw Hugo in 3D the prior week and the pocketbook can only take so much strain:(

Does anyone remember when you could take the whole family to the movies for $10-....:D
Ok, I'm dating myself a bit here, but the price of tickets these days seems a little obscene to me.:(

My 15 yr old nephew, who went with us, commented that one could buy a brand new Blu Ray player ...even a 3d BluRay player, for not much more than the ticket prices:eek:.......A VERY astute observation, just IMHO.

Back to TinTIn, a very good movie and highly enjoyable.... wasn't too impressed with the ending, But..Ok.

I used to read all the TinTin books as a child and have handed them down to the kids, they are priceless.
The movie kept fairly well to the flavor of the books, which impressed me greatly.:)

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
My girlfriend and I really enjoyed this. I used to read the hardcover books as a kid, and I watched the animated shorts (extremely short) during summer holidays from school. The movie brought back great memories. Blistering barnacles!:)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I'll be getting 'Tintin 3D' on Blu later today, and will watch it this week.

Will let you know if the 3D transfer is a good one. :b

This 3D business is tricky; 3D HDTVs and front projectors are getting better & better by the day.
Better brightness for 3D; a big improvement to just yesterday's designs.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Cheap Samsung PN59D550 plasma 3D Amir. ...You can get that one for around a thou now.

3D projector and 4K is next on my list...

But I'd say the Samy PN64D8000 plasma and Pany TC-P65VT30 are the two best 3D plasmas for the price. ...Around two grands now each.
And of course the Elite Pro-70X5FD 3D LED LCD from Sharp ($8,000).

And then the Sony VPL-VW95ES 3D Projector (also $8,000).
And $25,000 or more up the lines of Sony, JVC, Runco, Digital Projection...

But even a little guy like me can have a weighted saying in his own evaluation. :b

Steve too, with his front projector (is it 3D?).
And 'bout you Amir?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Plasma is good for 3-D. But projector, now that is the real answer! :) You want to fill your field of view so that your eye doesn't wonder past the edges of the screen and make you realize it is fake.

No need for "4K" though. It is hype right now.

For me, I watch 3-D at work only. It is on a 17 foot screen so it is quite fun :). My dedicated theater is still "under construction" two years after construction was finished! One of these days I will get my crew to finish wiring it but for now, customer jobs take priority. Right now my plan is to use the Sim2 Nero DLP projector. 2000 lumens and fast speed of DLP make for nice combination for 3-D.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Very nice Amir; your line of work.
Man! I would love to see 'Tintin 3D' on that 17-foot display screen! Must be screamingly good. :b

* But in the comfort of your own home, it is still a project under work.

I wonder what the other members here use for 3D experience;
or if they are even into 3D to begin with?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing