Acoustic Revive Schuman Wave Generator

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I've heard before about the nausea sensation when a "Schumann Resonance generator" was being used - in that instance it was one made by Kemp Electronics/Acoustics (or something of that order).
Looking for a consensus view, in all the review and forum commentary I've read about the Acoustic Revive Schumann devices I only know of two examples of end users experiencing illness as a result of using those products; Gary's and your report. From that, I'd say the consensus is the majority of users don't experience discomfort or illness.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Looking for a consensus view, in all the review and forum commentary I've read about the Acoustic Revive Schumann devices I only know of two examples of end users experiencing illness as a result of using those products; Gary's and your report. From that, I'd say the consensus is the majority of users don't experience discomfort or illness.

That is true - there was quite a number of us, and I was one of two (quite a minority) that experienced discomfort. I felt it far worse than the other guy.

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
I am not a user but the mere suggestion of it causes me discomfort.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi I posted this in the tweaks section

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...schumann-resonator-and-Stein-music-harmonizer

Demoed the acoustic revive schumann resonator at the Munich hifi show. They had two in the room, and kept switching them on and off. Every time they switched them off the soundstage collapsed and became flatter, the plucking of the guitar also didn't sound as good.

Also did a similar thing with the stein harmonizer, similar effect, but he had 6 in the room which he took out, and they are way more expensive. So the resonator is my preference.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Thanks for posting your feedback Bonzo. A/B/A testing is really the best litmus test about the efficacy of an audio tweak. Your feedback about the effects of the RR-777 are pretty much in line with the description of the effects on the Acoustic Revive site. You don't really need 2 though imho, feeding the RR-777 with a linear psu like a King Rex Mk2 psu roughly doubles the area covered by a single unit vs the standard wall wart.

All I know is, mine is staying!

Bodhi

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing