Accupressure.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
About 28 years ago I suffered a bad fall and landed with my back (about 4" up from my tailbone and just off to the right of my spine) onto the corner of my top front step. Those steps were slate, so you can imagine the sharp edge of the corner. I have never in my life experienced a level of pain as I did then, but more debilitating has been the lasting injury this fall resulted in. I have been able to manage it quite well, and the key for me is to know my limits in terms of what I am physically capable of doing. However, the pain can also be brought on by high levels of stress for some reason. My back is also slightly curved from side to side, and I suppose this hasn't helped matters either.

Through the years of trying different methods for relief, including chiropractic and accupuncture, I have only come across Accupressure as being an effective method for my pain. The results are almost instantaneous simply from manipulating pressure points in my legs and feet. There is no discomfort afterwards either, unlike chiro which brings on some headaches and doesn't entirely eliminate the tenderness.

I should also add that when I feel it coming, I use Heatwraps and that seems to be a very effective way to help me nip this in the bud, but only if I catch it early on.

I'm a believer in accupressure as a means to alleviate my back pain.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I had a, shall we say, funny golf swing and as a result I ended up knotted up. So, I routinely go for myofascial release therapy which is similar to accupressure. Amazing how quickly range of motion and strength improves. I added yoga to improve flexibility and strength particularly the core muscles and as a result was able to make swing changes I could never execute before. I went from a 12 handicap to a 9 in three months. Now I need to add cardio to improve my focus which goes away when fatigue sets in later in the rounds I play. The beauty of it all is that I'm no longer sore after 18 holes. I go to myo only for maintenance now and no longer for pain. The bad part is that my golf swing is still a little funny but at least it isn't as much as an eyesore! LOL.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing