a mess set up

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
All set up showed in here belong nice and good looking, after read Frank's post, make me have a idea to post my mess set up maybe fun for someone, and I am not the only one all diy friends in this area are the same even worst, I will show their pictures too later
tony ma

Attachments

• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 876
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 847
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 844
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 844
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 868

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
Congratulations, Tony, you're a braver man than me! A fair bit of the time, my living room looks like a combination of photos 1 and 2. But my better half puts up with it, because the results are (no, strike that! .. can be at times ...) worth it! :D:D

Frank

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Tony,

The HiFi hobby is like getting a bigger house,you always fill it up with more stuff. I think you have more room still,just kidding. You have some great equipment,and what's best is that it all custom to your ear,you are lucky indeed.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I prefer the term "organized chaos" myself :) Thanks for sharing Tony!

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
New look after repainted the whole house

I had taken apart my whole system for paint the whole house, and Rich and Bill came to Toronto for the Hi Fi show in this time, so I can't invite them to listen in my house, also my partner out of town in the week end, the closer friend house with quality system has to drive two hours in distance from down town, that was no showing to them this time, I just finish the hook up again after they have gone, I am going to show in pictures for improved looking, but sound quality any change still don't know yet, I hope at least same as before not getting worst otherwise I have to put it back to the mess looking again
tony ma

Attachments

• Picture 087.jpg
    Picture 087.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 718
  • Picture 090.jpg
    Picture 090.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 719
  • Picture 091.jpg
    Picture 091.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 710
  • Picture 089.jpg
    Picture 089.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 772

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
I still prefer the first picture in the thread, don't you know tidiness mitigates against good sound, Tony ...:)

Frank

Frank
Luckily sound improved too without the big screen TV in the center, that TV has not use for many years but need to pay for dump so just leave there for so long, by this chance to get it out from there, result in more space for the sound to move, sound stage shows bigger and deeper, especially bass feel more active. only thing is gain drop a bit have to one step up in volume control for the same sound level
tony ma

Bill Demars

Apr 28, 2010
East Greenbush, N.Y.
www.beautyofsound.com
Tony-Glad things got better-not worse. You never can tell. Sneezing will sometimes affect the sound. I think it might be worth the trip to Toronto again just to hear your system, and of course grab some good Canadian grub and brewskies. Maybe you could make the trip down to Albany sometime. Would love to have you hear my system.

Bill Demars

Apr 28, 2010
East Greenbush, N.Y.
www.beautyofsound.com
No. I still haven't gotten the schematic for it. When I get it I'll forward it to you for you to look at. Thanks.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Hi Tony,

You have been busy! The paint looks great too! I really like your system,some serious hifi there.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Tony,

How many amplifiers do you run? tube & SS?

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
Tony,

How many amplifiers do you run? tube & SS?
Roger
I run with pre amp with phono stage, xover ,4 power amps, all tube including rectifier , total 55 tubes in fire, big one and small one too , not too good for the hot summer but in Canadian cold winter is OK. only the R2R deck pre amp in hybrid, SS power supply is for tube's filament and bias voltage only
tony ma

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Tony-I was in the 55+ tube camp not long ago and it's a nightmare to keep that many tubes running.

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
Tony-I was in the 55+ tube camp not long ago and it's a nightmare to keep that many tubes running.

Mark
I know you use 6550 KT88 or EL34 etc. tube, those beam power tube or pentode will need replace in ever 2 to 3 years, push pull need match---- that will be a nightmare
believe me all my transmitting tube+ gain stage WE437A +driving stage WE300B in SE have been 10 years still the first one and bias no need adjust since the first set the only problem is too much heat and high electricity bill
tony ma

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Un-Oh...

...I am not the only one all diy friends in this area are the same even worst, I will show their pictures too later
tony ma

Gotta luv it, Tony...hehe ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing