A live music feed

Check the subway..

And then you have to assemble your system in a similar nearby station , traveling by metro between the two sessions ... :)

One of my more memorable music sessions was a listening to a young classical female cellist playing the Suite no 4 of the Bach Suites for Unaccompanied Cello in the metro, sorry, underground corridor near Piccadily. No hifi can approach this session.

added note; Bruce--isn't this basically what we did when we recorded off my Rockport for that piano recording for Winston Ma? except we used the tape out feed off my darTZeel phono as the source instead of a mic feed.

yes, that is correct. Too bad you can't find a perfectly acoustical transparent curtain and do it blindly. Is it the speakers or musicians that are playing?

Too bad you can't find a perfectly acoustical transparent curtain and do it blindly.

I have been looking for it for other reasons - I prefer not to see the speakers when I am listening to music. I found this idea in the music room of SME, that uses a transparent acoustic curtain to hide the four ESL63 speakers and amplifiers. Do you know of any black tissue to be used with this purpose? As far as was told even the classic FR701 is not 100% transparent if is not stressed flat, and I wanted some curtains with folds.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing