2013 Oscar Nominations

I saw it this afternoon. At first, I really wasn't enjoying it, but it really got better. It was a really impressive movie.

It is the only film nominated in all major categories

A few days ago, I saw former President Jimmy Carter saying this on CNN about Argo, wonder if the Oscar judges would consider this in their voting.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...en_taylor_says_he_feels_slighted_by_argo.html

Ken Taylor says he feels slighted by “Argo”

Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter says “90 per cent of the contributions to the ideas and the consummation of the plan was Canadian,” but the film “gives almost full credit to the American CIA.”
By: Rob Gillies The Associated Press, Published on Sat Feb 23 2013

Canada’s former ambassador to Iran, who protected Americans at great personal risk during the Iran hostage crisis of 1979, said Friday if “Argo” wins the Oscar for best picture there would be something wrong with director Ben Affleck if he didn’t mention Canada.

Ken Taylor said he continues to feel slighted by a movie that he says makes Canada look like a meek observer to CIA heroics in the rescue of six U.S. citizens caught in the crisis. Taylor said if Affleck doesn’t say something in his acceptance speech “then it’s a further reflection” on him.

“I would hope he would,” Taylor said. “But given the events of the last while I’m not necessarily anticipating anything.”

Taylor kept the Americans hidden at the embassy in Tehran and facilitated the escape. He became a hero in Canada and the United States after.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing