!0 Worst Cars Ever Made

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Not knowing their criteria, I can't comment much except to say that, regardless, yeah, those are pretty bad cars. And it's a pity so many of them are American.

Tim

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The Aston Martin Lagonda, Suzuki Samurai and Oldsmobile Toronado shouldn't be part of this list IMO

The Lagonda was , for the times a futuristic car with things unheard of then, like electronic pushbuttons and what was then an Avant-Guarde , futuristic design. This site will give you a better idea of the loks of the car, dated, true but I di love it back then ... Of course couldn't afford it , just out of College/universite ...
http://www.astonmartins.com/v8/lagonda_series_2.htm

A picture of the Lagonda:

.. The Samurai in particular still commands rather high price. Just Check e-bay motors were they routinely go for as high as $8000 for a 1970 car that is very high IMO. Its reliability is legendary and so are its off-road abilities. It's very much prized for its agility in off-road situations where larger off-road vehicles (true off-road tvehicles , not SUV which simply looks like they could go off road but wouldn't muster the first kilometer of unpaved roads. Even in the USA there is almost a cult-like atraction to these little beasties...
The Toronado shouldn't beon this list either, the car was in production for almost 30 years!! (28 exactly)... It wasn't a great car but was one the first front wheel drive produced in the USA since before WWII. at one point it was claimed to be the largest front well drive car in the world ...

As for the rest ... I will not defend all of them but the AMC Eagle Wagon was the first full time 4-wheel drive production car in the USA, IIRC and the pacer was IMO "cute".. Not something I would buy but funky and unique, it was ...

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I had a front wheel drive Cadillac Eldorado with 4" gangsta whitewalls. That was the ultimate pimp car! I think it had a 472cu 4-barrel.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I thought it was a very odd list just the same. Couldn't figure out what the thread was among them and no explanation in the article either.

That said, having owned an AMC Hornet, I don't think that brand could build anything lower quality. I went to wipe off the "glass" in front of the speedometer, and it broke off! Looking at it, was cheap plastic like you would find in toys, with three little tabs holding it to the front which broke off with the slightest pressure. The rest of the car was built the same.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing