‘Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’ Expected To Be A Box Office Bonanza

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Dear Mike,

I am really looking forward to take my kids out to movie as you did. I used to go out to movie a lot in younger years then my lifestyle changed after got married 9 years ago. With kids growing up I want to enjoy my time with them. I am now focusing on my health so that I will be in a good shape to take part in their activity growing up. You mentioned quite a few times about your son helping you in audio and also showed us his adventures exploring the world. It reflected such a good bond you have with your kids. A good role model for me. Anyway this is Bob's movie thread. I am steering off course.

Kind regards,
Tang

If it would be my thread (a talking one like here), everyone would be welcome talking about kids growing up with Star Wars and anything else ... sports, summer jobs, dancing classes, Tango music, etc. And looking @ your threads everyone is welcome to bring their own music.

When people visit people there is not one simple topic of conversation, but multiple ones revolving around a good time. What is audio and video all about if it's not having good time surfing about entertaining our senses? ...That includes good food, smelling fresh tubes and caressing the carbon fiber speakers. Families they bring their kids along and play among their cousins and the pets (dogs, cats) and watching the aquarium.

Star Wars is fun because there are no guns (laser rays and light sabers), no sex discrimination, no color differences, no planet differentiation, people come in all shapes and looks from various corners of the galaxy and driving all type of spaceships (electrical ones, no gas, or quantum propelled). They do have a New Republic though, to have some order.

When I was a kid growing up with my two brothers and sisters our parents didn't bring us to the theater, we stay home for movies and sports and wildlife documentaries.

@ high school I briefly worked as a film projectionist during evenings...voluntary.
On weekends some of us (football players) worked as sound and light assistants for international music bands and singers.

Kids love movies, animated Disney fantasies, cartoons, sci-fi Star Wars flicks, and adults too.
Plus it's big business in Hollywood.

I grew up spinning album records in my teenage years, going to the golf course every summer, every day, from age 10 to 15, waking up @ 5 in the morning and biking 5 miles.

We were raised to be very active, playing all the sports, working hard, ...by the best people in the galaxy. I had my first bank account before turning 10. I first invested in mutual funds before 20.
I learned to be busy physically and mentally before 1. @ age 2 I was a stuntman. @ age 5 I was crossing the river in the winter to visit my grandma on the other side.

Today I'm more settle down relaxing playing music and films. ...Star Wars and all.
When I was 50 I was settled already.

You can talk anything you like in my threads, except the ones without words.
Of course no politics, no guns, no religions and no sex. Nothing too extremist.
After a while we all get the hang of it.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We went to see the latest Star Wars today. Fun movie to watch.

Seems some people get hung up on canon but not me. Entertainment only.

A tad hokey and far fetched in parts but it is science fiction and geared towards kids after all.

Reactions: NorthStar

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

Reading the various comments and reviews we're ending this decade with a divisive #9 Star Wars (last of the third trilogy).

This is not a short article (takes few minutes to read); only for hardcore fans.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...s-the-best-star-wars-movie-in-the-new-trilogy

It's true that the average rating from most pro movie critics is the lowest of the lowest for this installment.
The Force Awakens was rated very high and justifiably so, IMHO
The Last Jedi was also rated high, compared to The Rise of Skywalker.
My guess is that the majority of Pro movie critics (Star Wars people), were expecting much more than what they bargain for, or the film simply didn't strike their chords. I don't know, beats me.

You guys here seem to be much more indulgent, appreciative, understanding, wise.
...A different class, higher Star Wars caliber for The Rise of Skywalker.
Films can do that sometimes, and you can't truly compare different stages and states.
And also very very true; with sci-fi flicks it's much more loose overall...it's a total imaginary world.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I am pretty positively certain that most people aren't aware of score ratings (Audience) over @ Rotten Tomatoes. There is some talk here and there particularly with this movie title.
Anyway it doesn't mean much to 99.999999999%+ of people who don't know or who couldn't care less, it remains still funny, very. And it doesnt coincide with the Pro movie critics from the same site, unfortunately in my honest opinion.

The talk is that Disney is more or less directly/indirectly related by the forces behind; with a financial objective, of course.

That 86% Audience score rating (RT) for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker never changed, from the very beginning to now (100 to over 50,000 reviews). Not only it's impossible but the regulars say that they never saw this before to that extreme level.

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Loved the movie. Appreciated the loose ends it tied up, even in if it meant saying permanent goodbyes to a few. I found it fully entertaining. That’s enough for me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing