Tube amps hurt

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Thanks guys. Hopefully tomorrow I will find out what really happened.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
For all of you who guessed a torn biceps tendon, you were correct. They read the MRI and said the tendon is hanging on by a couple of threads. I will have to have surgery to repair it. I go in on Wednesday for the preop meeting.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
For all of you who guessed a torn biceps tendon, you were correct. They read the MRI and said the tendon is hanging on by a couple of threads. I will have to have surgery to repair it. I go in on Wednesday for the preop meeting.

Sorry to hear but not the end of the world. They'll reattach it, you'll do some PT for a while and then be back as good as new. A good friend recently tore his bicep tendon deadlifting in a powerlifting meet and he's back competing again!

You'll just have to get used to using your left hand for a while ;)

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Just tried to PM you. your inbox is too full.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
sorry, it's fixed.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Thanks Mike. I appreciate that.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
You'll just have to get used to using your left hand for a while ;)

I've already been accused of causing my own injury for the same reason you are winking!

mep

Apr 20, 2010
---Mark, we all luv you. :b

Thanks Bob. By the way, my new Onkyo TX-NR3010 AVR showed up last Friday before I hurt my arm on Saturday. It's sitting in the sealed box. I was waiting for my new Bello stand to show up before I unpacked the AVR. The Bello showed up today and UPS shoved it on my front porch right in front of my door and of course I can't touch those boxes. The HT will have to wait for awhile. I need to get a couple of my neighbors over to shove the new stand boxes in my garage.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Thanks Fernando. I look forward to seeing you again too. It was great having a chance to meet you and your wife last year at the dinner.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
More time to play with the kitten!

mep

Apr 20, 2010
More time to play with the kitten!

Funny thing about that kitten…
A neighbor of mine has a dog that he leaves tied out all the time and every time it escapes it runs to our house and bangs on our door to come in. And we usually let her in because she loves to play with our three dogs. Today it was waiting for us in the driveway when we got home and we let her in. After a few minutes it had our new kitten cornered in a closet. My wife reached in and picked up the new kitten and then the neighbor’s dog jumped up on my wife which scared the kitten and the kitten jumped on top of my wife’s head and dug his claws in. All of a sudden I hear my wife screaming at the top of her lungs. It’s a circus around here I tell ya.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Funny thing about that kitten…
A neighbor of mine has a dog that he leaves tied out all the time and every time it escapes it runs to our house and bangs on our door to come in. And we usually let her in because she loves to play with our three dogs. Today it was waiting for us in the driveway when we got home and we let her in. After a few minutes it had our new kitten cornered in a closet. My wife reached in and picked up the new kitten and then the neighbor’s dog jumped up on my wife which scared the kitten and the kitten jumped on top of my wife’s head and dug his claws in. All of a sudden I hear my wife screaming at the top of her lungs. It’s a circus around here I tell ya.

Youch!

mep

Apr 20, 2010

Youch is right. She has three claw marks/puncture wounds in her forehead where the cat dug in on the way to the top of her head. Who knows how many is on the top of her head because she has thick hair.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've already been accused of causing my own injury for the same reason you are winking!

Due to the lack of a wanking emoticon, Myles had to use the winking one. :p

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing