Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Pass Lab owners - Check in!

New Pass Amp - soon to come
    http://www.moremusic.nl/pass_labs/xa25.html
    This looks to be a nice product. It's not on their website as of yet.
    Ontario, Canada
    Electronics: Spectral DMC-30 SS2, Pass Labs XA100.5 monoblocks, Luxman DA-06 Dac; Aurender N100 streamer
    Speakers: Dynaudio Confidence C2 Signature
    Cables: Spectral ic and speaker cable; JPS/AudioSensibility power cords; Furutech receptacles; AudioSensibilty Power Centre (modified)

Thanks, Gene 15352!
    This amp is on Pass Labs Facebook page, today...

Hi Guys!

XP20 (before I had an XP10)
    X350 (I love this oldie)

Hi AlexArgie,

Nice gear, how would you compare the sound of XP10 vs XP20?
    Many thanks
    DAG

I'm now a pass lab lover.....I've bought my first of many pass lab products, i just got the pass labxa160

Congrats Mark E. im sure you will enjoy. What amp have u replaced with Pass Labs ? Please post your impression.

First of many pass labs

Quote Originally Posted by alfa100 View Post
    Congrats Mark E. im sure you will enjoy. What amp have u replaced with Pass Labs ? Please post your impression.
    I WENT from EMOTIVA XPR-1 MONOBLOCKS TO PASS LABS XA160s......I'm hearing things with my acoustat model 4 electrostatic speakers I've never heard before.......I've never heard Miles Davis blow so clear and beautiful I'm hearing cymbal sounds that were not there before.

Congratulations, Mark-E. I once owned the XA160 after owning many Aleph models. It is excellent.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Thank you peter....I'm super amazed at the quality and level of the amps performance......how long ago did you have yours, and would you have any idea what the list price for these amps are should be. Just making sure i got these at a fair price. I wasn't able to find other amps for sale on the net.....thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-E View Post
    Thank you peter....I'm super amazed at the quality and level of the amps performance......how long ago did you have yours, and would you have any idea what the list price for these amps are should be. Just making sure i got these at a fair price. I wasn't able to find other amps for sale on the net.....thank you
    You are welcome, Mark. The XA160 is a pretty old design. They were about $15,000 when new. These amps don't come up much for sale. You could try contacting Mark Sammut at Reno HiFi. He is extremely helpful and knows a lot about all Pass models. He could tell you what a fair current market price is. I had mine for about two years maybe ten years ago. I replaced them with the XA100.5 and then the XA160.5 when I needed more power for my new speakers. The XA models are interesting because they combined the Class A sweet sound of the Aleph series with the low noise/control of the X series. The history is interesting and you can find reviews on line that go into it. The .5 revision added a bit more control of the low frequencies making it sound more powerful.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast