Audio Ads that Drive Me Nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Speaking of ads that drive me crazy, that article drives me crazy. What a load of crap!

Myles,
Although I partially agree with you , I posted the link as a bit of history. The article was written more than ten years ago and its a personal view, showing many misconceptions of the late 90s. But it is part of history and there are many points that are really interesting and enjoyable for me, as I have lived with them and at the time they were relevant.

And if you read it carefully, hidden in the crazy text there are some very good sense recommendations!

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Those are some great transducers.

Tim

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Lovely tweeters.

Tim

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I think those speakers are hideous looking and they almost look like they were built to "hey, look how big I am" specs in order to impress the easily impressible. Has anyone heard these things?

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Man, you are really riding my ass hard about that amp and cables. I appreciate you trying to embarrass me though. This setup is temporary and I wasn't going to worry about how it looked since it will soon be torn down. As soon as the KSA-250 arrives next week the amp will be gone, the power bar removed, and the rest of the cables will be tidy. I will send you a picture of the new setup and see if you can find something to criticize about that.

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
Man, you are really riding my ass hard about that amp and cables. I appreciate you trying to embarrass me though. This setup is temporary and I wasn't going to worry about how it looked since it will soon be torn down. As soon as the KSA-250 arrives next week the amp will be gone, the power bar removed, and the rest of the cables will be tidy. I will send you a picture of the new setup and see if you can find something to criticize about that.

So, it's ok for you to start this thread to rag on other people's ads, but you don't like when someone makes a comment/suggestion about one of your ads.:rolleyes:

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I have never used my wife as an excuse for why I had to sell any audio gear and that was my point. If you are enjoying following me around on this forum and posting the link to Audiogon for my amp, knock yourself out brother.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
You're a riot!

So I have been told. And you're a real hoot too for following me around the forum and posting links to my Audiogon ad. I'm glad to know you are so enamored with me. I've never had a stalker before and I would rather it be a rich blonde that owned a liquor store, but I guess I have to settle for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing