current Spectral Audio U.S. dealers

bluetama

Sep 7, 2017
Does anyone know how many dealers Spectral Audio currently has in the U.S.? Noticed that Overture Auido&Video in Delaware, a longtime Spectral stalwart does not list Spectral in the brands they carry. You can see previous links to Spectral products if you do some Googling, but the links are inoperative.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Does anyone know how many dealers Spectral Audio currently has in the U.S.? Noticed that Overture Auido&Video in Delaware, a longtime Spectral stalwart does not list Spectral in the brands they carry. You can see previous links to Spectral products if you do some Googling, but the links are inoperative.

Hopefully it’s just a website maintenance issue. I just purchased Spectral product from them a few months ago. You should contact them to confirm.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Terry Menacker is no longer with Overture, so we don't know whether the relationship with Spectral will continue, going forward. Low product deliveries and very low margins do not make it very attractive, I would assume. Overall, there has been a decline in the number of US dealerships, over the last 10 to 20 years. Personally, I am a fan of the products and engineers, but not its owner.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Terry Menacker is no longer with Overture, so we don't know whether the relationship with Spectral will continue, going forward. Low product deliveries and very low margins do not make it very attractive, I would assume. Overall, there has been a decline in the number of US dealerships, over the last 10 to 20 years. Personally, I am a fan of the products and engineers, but not its owner.

Holy crap. That's HUGE. I've known Terry for over 40 years since his days at Soundex. I find this positively shocking.
Tasos, help me interpret your remark. Whose owner are you referring to above, Overture's or Spectral's?

Mdp632

May 29, 2016

Wow. I always assumed Terry was the owner of overture but , only found out recently that he wasn’t. This is a shame if holds true. Ugh ...

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Holy crap. That's HUGE. I've known Terry for over 40 years since his days at Soundex. I find this positively shocking.
Tasos, help me interpret your remark. Whose owner are you referring to above, Overture's or Spectral's?

I am not a fan of Spectral's owner; I was in the long past, but not in the last few years - I still love his vision. I should also mention I am a huge fan of their service manager.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
I am not a fan of Spectral's owner; I was in the long past, but not in the last few years - I still love his vision. I should also mention I am a huge fan of their service manager.

Wow....after the huge investment to me at least with Spectral recently. If overture does indeed drop the line... where would I listen to all the latest gear.? guess I’ll have to reach out to Goodwins if the SDR-5000 dac is ever announced.

Watch just as overture loses the line Spectral will announce the release of the phono stage and dac for 2018....oh man

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I bet they will deliver the products to you, and honor all outstanding orders; after all, it's still revenue to them. Going forward, we just don't know yet what the relationship will be, but removing the Spectral info is quite telling.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
I bet they will deliver the products to you, and honor all outstanding orders; after all, it's still revenue to them. Going forward, we just don't know yet what the relationship will be, but removing the Spectral info is quite telling.

Thankfully I have the products already. But , just would be a letdown going forward if they dropped the line.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thankfully I have the products already. But , just would be a letdown going forward if they dropped the line.

A let down indeed. And don't take what I said about Spectral's owner to heart - it is entirely personal.

bluetama

Sep 7, 2017
back to the original question...

All the comments have been interesting, but does anyone know the actual number of active Spectral dealers in the U.S. as this time?

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
All the comments have been interesting, but does anyone know the actual number of active Spectral dealers in the U.S. as this time?

Three

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA

This is shocking news about Terry. Does anyone know what his plans are? Is he retiring? I always assumed he was at least part owner of Overture.

Ken

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Wow. I always assumed Terry was the owner of overture but , only found out recently that he wasn’t. This is a shame if holds true. Ugh ...

while 'el Presidente he had the 'money guys' behind him, he eluded not to long ago that 'retirement was eminent' .........

jsolo61654

Oct 20, 2018
Tried Terry's cell and VM was full.
I speak with Terry often. He's now living in California with his wife and doing fine.
He has a new cell phone number (the old one was an Overature cell phone)
Terry says that Alan Goodwin (in Mass.) is now the go-to-guy for Spectral.
You can email Terry at: tmenacker@gmail.com

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing