Tonearm Recommendations for Benz-Micro LP S

Another case here with SME3012R + LPS bringing a great sound. In my system has a very pleasing, accurate and on the same time forgiving sound on records with little wear or mediocre mastering. This combination outperforms by a big margin Kuzma 4-Point with a large group of mid-level cartridges (Zyx 4D, 4d/Ultimate, Dynavector XV1S, EMT JSD Black). it seems that this combination will stay with me for a long time.

I am sure I would like that combination very much! (I enjoyed a Benz Ruby 2 on a Graham 2.2 for 18 years.)

I understand "pleasing" and "forgiving."

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "accurate"? How do you determine what is "accurate" with components as idiosyncratic as tonearms and cartridges, and combinations thereof?

Reactions: kmyl
I am sure I would like that combination very much! (I enjoyed a Benz Ruby 2 on a Graham 2.2 for 18 years.)

I understand "pleasing" and "forgiving."

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "accurate"? How do you determine what is "accurate" with components as idiosyncratic as tonearms and cartridges, and combinations thereof?
Accurate to me is about keeping the nature of each music instrument or overall sound intact, I.e. finger snaps to sound like finger snaps instead of frying potatoes in the pan. You can only judge the final sound and not of course credit or blame any specific component in the chain. Knowing my system quite well and having heard various tonearms/cartridge combinations on it I can say that this sounds the best with the attributes I mentioned above.

Accurate to me is about keeping the nature of each music instrument or overall sound intact, I.e. finger snaps to sound like finger snaps instead of frying potatoes in the pan. You can only judge the final sound and not of course credit or blame any specific component in the chain. Knowing my system quite well and having heard various tonearms/cartridge combinations on it I can say that this sounds the best with the attributes I mentioned above.
Thank you.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing