Page 1 of 134 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: MSB Select II arrival

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar

MSB Select II arrival

I first heard it a couple of years ago at RMAF. then heard it again more last year at the Newport Show. I went back a couple of times last year. there was something about it's ease and continuousness and hearing into the music, without tubes, that took digital to another level......like the Trinity dac i had only better. more like my vinyl, or tape. it's been in the back of my mind since then. thinking about this LA Show coming up i had been anticipating listening more to it again. and i did. and then i bought one. it will arrive Friday.

for over 2 years I've been on the hunt for my 'end-game' digital. i had the same digital for 9 years prior to my investigations. I've had lots of fun and it's been a learning experience.

this MSB Select II has the single power supply and the upgraded Femto 33 clock.

........and the USB input. i'll be using it with the SGM, and will get the Ethernet renderer to compare directly to the USB/SGM to see which approach is better when each is optimized.

I'm excited.

Name:  MSB S.jpg
Views: 2648
Size:  7.0 KB
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Wowwiee Mike , congrats . We are excited too ... To hear how you get on with the Select , in your rig . Enjoy!!!.
    "It is music coming from another world, it is coming from eternity." ... HVK

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Great news Mike. My favorite DAC without question. Kudos
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    International Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

i didnt like the Select 1 for the money, but the II is a different animal. Its a killer for a killer price.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Congratulations, Mike! Now you have digital that does justice to your incredible system!

You keep making that trip to Seattle more and more appealing

Let me know if you need help with anything...

cheers,
    alex
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - San Diego, CA
    Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Roon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Blog Entries
    Wow congrats.
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Addicted to Best!
    Congratulations Mike! I had an extended Sunday morning listening session at Axpona 2017 with the MSB Select II DAC, Universal Transport, MSB monoblocks and YG Sonja 1.2. Hands down the best digital I've ever heard and arguably the best source of any type I've ever heard. Lifelike, natural, effortless and holographic. Everything you could ever want from a source component. I'm so jealous.

Enjoy!
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    I first heard it a couple of years ago at RMAF. then heard it again more last year at the Newport Show. I went back a couple of times last year. there was something about it's ease and continuousness and hearing into the music, without tubes, that took digital to another level......like the Trinity dac i had only better. more like my vinyl, or tape. it's been in the back of my mind since then. thinking about this LA Show coming up i had been anticipating listening more to it again. and i did. and then i bought one. it will arrive Friday.

for over 2 years I've been on the hunt for my 'end-game' digital. i had the same digital for 9 years prior to my investigations. I've had lots of fun and it's been a learning experience.

this MSB Select II has the single power supply and the upgraded Femto 33 clock.

........and the USB input. i'll be using it with the SGM, and will get the Ethernet renderer to compare directly to the USB/SGM to see which approach is better when each is optimized.

I'm excited.

Name:  MSB S.jpg
Views: 2648
Size:  7.0 KB
    Congrats. Mine arrives on Thursday. We can compare notes. I am getting the same configuration. Can't wait!

Looking forward to have mine too, though I'll have to wait longer.
    My best results ever were achieved with DHCP server in my Music Server and, of course Linux. No switch between PC and the MSB Renderer. DAC direct to PC LAN port. No WiFi control point.
    If, like me, you'll find the Renderer more lifelike. That's with the Diamond. With the Select, who knows...
    Congrats.
    Armsan

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Bravo, Mike. The Select II is considered one of the great DAC's. Looking for your future posts about it!
    Under construction around the DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack and a pair of Wilson XLF's : Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE, cj GAT + Lamm M1.2 ref, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables and CenterStage footers ...

Page 1 of 134 123456789101151101 ... LastLast