Thread: StormAudio & Dirac Live

StormAudio & Dirac Live

StormAudio (http://www.stormaudio.com/) the french manufacturer of high-end (16 to 32 channels) immersive audio home theater equipment has entered into an agreement with Dirac Research.
    Dirac Live will be incorporated into its new StormOptimizer suite targeted to StormAudio’s integrators that will be demonstrated at the High End Show, May 18-21 in Munich.

Bienvenue ŕ bord StormAudio
    Flavio
    Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

It is a pity Flavio you did not post this information on your website or facebook, I visited Munich this year :-(

What about promised upgrade to Live suite and bug fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by michael123 View Post
    It is a pity Flavio you did not post this information on your website or facebook, I visited Munich this year :-(

What about promised upgrade to Live suite and bug fixes?
    Hi michael123,

We have been working on fixing some compatibility issues and time ago we released a DL 1.2 beta but we have subsequently found a way not only to fix the issues but also to improve the Dirac correction algorithm in a significant way.
    As a result we came to the conclusion that we had to incorporate it into a new Dirac Live... but this also means that we had to fully redesign it and write it from scratch.
    Right now all development efforts are going into this new version that takes much more time but we are confident that it will be worth the wait for Dirac customers,
    it's release is scheduled for Q4 this year and my understanding is that it will be a free update.

Flavio
    Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Thanks, nice to hear

.. if you have a newer beta (I have 1.2.0.8256), and if it fixes some stability issues in VST3 in particular, I will be willing to try anyway,
    or you say, it will be rewritten as well?

Quote Originally Posted by michael123 View Post
    Thanks, nice to hear

.. if you have a newer beta (I have 1.2.0.8256), and if it fixes some stability issues in VST3 in particular, I will be willing to try anyway,
    or you say, it will be rewritten as well?
    Yes, plugins are being rewritten as well.

Flavio