Best integrated for under $20K

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
thanks..

I am not affiliated with anyone.
I heard the TB integrated through the Australian distributor. Heard the TB mono/pre as well and the Integrated has a whole lot of its DNA for a lot less money.
Don't be fooled by the specs. It has plenty of power and I'm seriously considering for myself.

for your answer. I myself use with Audio Consulting and David Berning equally rare amplification, so no need to hide :) I have never come across TB in Europe..

Robert < NxLT > Slowinski

Jul 13, 2015
Poland
www.nxlt.eu
Adam and how about the Vitus SM-011 that you had for some time?

I'm thinking about Dan D'Agostino Momentum integrated or Vitus SM-011.
Witch one is more tube- like sweet?

From my personal experience, the 3 best amps I have tried on my Magico S5s are:

- Vitus SIA-25;
- Vitus SS101;
- Dan D'Agostino Momentum integrated.

The SIA-25 may not have enough power depending how loud you listen, what kind of music and how big is your room. The midrange and palpability of the sound is glorious.

The Vitus SS-101, which you can get for ~17k EUR s/h, will get you covered in most cases. Similar mids, but more more power and bass slam.

The Dan D'Agostino Momentum integrated was the best, but also by far the most expensive (55k EUR used, but there is one from a dealer in Cyprus listed on AgoN for 24k EUR). The Dan D'Agostino Momentum integrated does all for me - it has great bass slam, resolution, soundstaging, but also very full and palpable midrange. I believe it can equal any 50k pre/power combination in terms of sonics.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Technical Brain integrated is special. I finally heard one today and the transparancy is breathtaking.
If your in the market for a Integrated and able to listen to one of these do yourself a favour!

Bobbi what is the price in $ for the Technical Brain integrated ?
I have i distributor in my country that carries this brand therefore i would be willing to audition it, he's only 1.5 hour drive from my place.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
In the US list price is about $26k.

Thanks Bobbi, i will call the distributor and see if a can make an audition.
Do you think this integrated can compete with $50K worth of separates ?

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
No problem at all.
From my experience the TB Int left a very positive impression and within the space of the same few days I heard separates from Technical Brain, Trinity and Robert Koda. The TB INT definitely held its own.

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
Joel mentioned to me that ASR is not best at tougher loads, so might not suit iaxel

Really? I've heard that the current ASR Emitter II Exclusive Battery can push over a thousand watts into 1 ohm loads. 4 chassis, 1,700,000 uF, 350 lbs, it should be able to deliver the goods, no? I have heard different iterations over a number or years and they always stood out for me.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing