FS: Legacy AERIS with Performance Package (WAVELET, HDPLEX Power Supply, Stillpoints, DC Umbilical..

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
FS: Legacy AERIS Performance Package (WAVELET, HDPLEX Power Supply, Stillpoints, RAL DC Umbilical)

It’s with a huge level of regret/sadness that I have to post this ad. A long-running debate over complexity of the system, number of cables and components that reached its peak with the introduction of these absolutely amazing “active” speakers due to the extra gear and cables necessary to connect them. This is the ONLY reason I would ever sell them. They are to my ears, the best speakers all around that I have ever heard and they truly play every genre of music from pipe organ and taiko drumming, small and large classical, jazz of all kinds, rock, hard rock, heavy metal, prog-rock, techno, electronica, dance/beat and so many more styles with both resounding authority or delicacy whenever needed, top to bottom extension the likes of which I’ve not heard from MUCH more expensive speakers, imaging, wrap-around 3D sound-staging, naturalness and never even 1 hint of fatigue even after all-day listening sessions. The only thing that I ever heard that comes close starts at a price point over 5-times what these retail for. They also come from a brand and a designer that I’ve had the honor of knowing and enjoying many pair of their speakers for ten (10) years.
I cannot say enough good things about the speakers, the company, and what Bill has accomplished with these and every other speaker in his line up. I am truly bummed that these have to go and that my foray into active speakers with the best RoomEQ I’ve ever heard must come to an end. With the right cabling and electronics around them, the AERIS are a force to be reckoned with in high-end audio; read the reviews,I’m not exaggerating.

To keep things simple and to abide by various forum's guidelines (including this one), I have posted the package at an aggressive price point and terms given age, like new condition, etc...as an Auction online, but not on WBF. If you are interested, or have questions, please send me a PM or respond here. All responses will adhere to guidelines and will be conducted offline from WBF. The Auction I have loaded online will give full details on what's included, price, terms, etc...so again, please PM me or respond in-thread here. Many Thanks!!!

Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
FS: Legacy AERIS Performance Package (WAVELET, HDPLEX Power Supply, Stillpoints, RAL DC Umbilical)

It’s with a huge level of regret/sadness that I have to post this ad. A long-running debate over complexity of the system, number of cables and components that reached its peak with the introduction of these absolutely amazing “active” speakers due to the extra gear and cables necessary to connect them. This is the ONLY reason I would ever sell them. They are to my ears, the best speakers all around that I have ever heard and they truly play every genre of music from pipe organ and taiko drumming, small and large classical, jazz of all kinds, rock, hard rock, heavy metal, prog-rock, techno, electronica, dance/beat and so many more styles with both resounding authority or delicacy whenever needed, top to bottom extension the likes of which I’ve not heard from MUCH more expensive speakers, imaging, wrap-around 3D sound-staging, naturalness and never even 1 hint of fatigue even after all-day listening sessions. The only thing that I ever heard that comes close starts at a price point over 5-times what these retail for. They also come from a brand and a designer that I’ve had the honor of knowing and enjoying many pair of their speakers for ten (10) years.
I cannot say enough good things about the speakers, the company, and what Bill has accomplished with these and every other speaker in his line up. I am truly bummed that these have to go and that my foray into active speakers with the best RoomEQ I’ve ever heard must come to an end. With the right cabling and electronics around them, the AERIS are a force to be reckoned with in high-end audio; read the reviews,I’m not exaggerating.

To keep things simple and to abide by various forum's guidelines (including this one), I have posted the package at an aggressive price point and terms given age, like new condition, etc...as an Auction online, but not on WBF. If you are interested, or have questions, please send me a PM or respond here. All responses will adhere to guidelines and will be conducted offline from WBF. The Auction I have loaded online will give full details on what's included, price, terms, etc...so again, please PM me or respond in-thread here. Many Thanks!!!

Bump!!!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010

Image posting seems to have a bug currently. I have new photos taken in the last hour.

I will gladly share the original 10-12MP photos with anyone via email given a direct email address sent via PM...

Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
BUMP! New speakers arrive tomorrow, need to make room. If interested, PM me or respond directly here if you cannot PM and I'll point you to the sale ad.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Sale pending....

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
LegacyAERIS-10post-3way-TerminalPlate-20161210_095311.jpg Legacy-Boehmer-WAVELET-20161210_095141.jpg HDPlex-Pwr-Supply-20161210_095124.jpg RevAudioLabs-DC-Umbilical-PurpleWrapper-20161210_095341.jpg LEGACY-AERIS-MW-CustomBuild-BindingPostOptions-12Nov2013.jpg

Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
FS: PRICE DROP/PICS: Legacy-AERIS-with-WAVELET-HDPLEX-PSU-Stillpoints-DC-Umbilical

These speakers are again available with Wavelet, all accessories, custom HDPlex DC Linear-Regulated power supply and Revelation Audio Labs XLR5:XLR5 DC Umbilical.

LEGACY will confirm in writing they will continue warranty for 4 more years on the speakers and 3 on the electronics; makes this a no-brainer!

$26,437 worth of gear/speakers for $14,500 plus buyer pays shipping/insurance.

Read the long list of reviews.....this speaker has no equal in its price range and many others...

ONLY pair of AERIS in the world for sale with the upgraded intelligent Room EQ/DAC/Pre-amp WAVELET processor included; buy a new or used pair from anyone else and you get the XILICA DSP 4080 Studio DSP process only!!!

Pictures are at very bottom of this lengthy post...***Warranty will be continued for 4 full years from date of sale on the AERIS and 3 full years on the Wavelet. This is per an email I will forward to prospective buyers. HDPEX has its own warranty. Legacy will provide as stated in the email, documentation of transfer of warranty after the sale!!!*

This is a GREAT set of speakers that performs well over its price point. They have to go due to a long-running WAF debate on the home-front. They truly play every genre of music from pipe organ and taiko drumming, small and large classical, jazz of all kinds, rock, hard rock, heavy metal, prog-rock, techno, electronica, dance/beat and so many more styles with both resounding authority or delicacy whenever needed, top to bottom extension the likes of which I’ve not heard from MUCH more expensive speakers, imaging, wrap-around 3D sound-staging, naturalness and never even 1 hint of fatigue even after all-day listening sessions. The only thing that I ever heard that comes close starts at a price point over 4-5 times what these retail for. They also come from a brand and a designer that I’ve had the honor of knowing and enjoying many pair of their speakers for over 10 years.
I cannot say enough good things about the speakers, the company, and what Bill has accomplished with these and every other speaker in his line up. I am truly bummed that these have to go and that my foray into active speakers with the best RoomEQ I’ve ever heard must come to an end. With the right cabling and electronics around them, the AERIS are a force to be reckoned with in high-end audio; read the reviews, I’m not exaggerating.

SALE AD: The following ‘all-in’ bundle that makes the Legacy AERIS shine even more than its stock configuration which is very widely reviewed as one of the best music-lover’s as well as audiophile speakers available regardless of price today. Given the custom terminal plate options alone, you have the advantage of driving this with 2, 4 or 6 separate channels of power amplification of your choice for the ultimate in system upgrade potential or using it as configured by the factory to require 2 channels of amplification for the mids & highs while leveraging the 2 x 500W watts of ICE power amps in each tower that separately power the bass and sub-bass.

ONLY PAIR OF AERIS in the world sold with WAVELET; all other AERIS new or used are still selling with the XILICA 4080 “Wavelaunch” DSP. It’s a fine DSP and I’ve owned it but it is not WAVELET(!) with RoomEQ, DAC and Preamp inside!

If you research Wavelet, you will find that it can be the hub of your system if you are starting out or wanting to lighten the load and simply go with a Music Server/Transport, Wavelet, Amp and speakers….

PACKAGE OFFERING for sale as follows (I am the original owner of all this and each item came straight from each corresponding manufacturer);

- Legacy AERIS, 1 pair, original owner, custom built for me in November 2013, SAPELE POMMELE veneers, CABERNET finish with high-gloss Black Pearl bases and front-baffles; an amazing finish and the most beautiful for this speaker. Very faint thin marking on diagonal part of speaker cabinet (about 1” long) where when crated by Legacy/uncrated, they rubbed against heavy foam cradles. You can polish this out with a buffing wheel but I never felt it necessary as it is very faint/hard to find
- Custom-built with special 10-binding post terminal plates that offer 3 different configuration options as mentioned above
- Legacy factory jumpers are installed on the speakers and are included with the sale; the Elrod Custom Statement Gold Jumpers and other cables in the picture are not for sale...
- Fitted with magnetic grills, magnets sunk below surface of front baffle & invisible; will supply photos upon request; the grills were never used and are in like-new condition. They will be professionally packed separate from the speakers….
- Legacy WAVELET processor (DAC/Pre-Amp/RoomEQ), USB, XLR and other inputs….$5K retail
- HDPLEX Custom-built “For Wavelet” DC Linear-Regulated Power supply ($400 retail), blows the doors off WAVELET performance and beats the wall-wart power supply included when you upgrade to Wavelet. 10 months old
- A set of Stillpoints Ultra Minis with couples/bolts in Power Black finish ($500 retail), will ship to you as soon as I get them from vendor; these will be absolutely NEW as I’ve had them backordered. for 2 months. They are meant for the HDPLEX power supply…
- REVELATION AUDIO LABs Custom-built, Passage Cryo Silver XLR5 DC Umbilical (3-meter) for HDPLEX->WAVELET (Retail $497) less than 9 months old so just broken in and in like-new condition, no box or pouch, cable will be well-cushioned and packed….
- Extra heavy duty wooden shipping crates for AERIS as built by Legacy
- One extra set of New-In-Box footers and spikes (unused from Legacy)
- Owner's manual is in PDF format and will be sent electronically....
- Wavelet includes original ‘power block’ wall-wart power supply and brand-new/unused remote…
TOTAL RETAIL VALUE: $26,397, smoke-free, no pets near system. I have a reputation for taking exceptional care of my gear.
PRICE FOR ALL as a SET: $14,500 USD, PLUS shipping and insurance fees for all parts of the shipment (3, see below) are the responsibility of the buyer, I will pay professional movers to crate the speakers up and into the garage ready for pick-up…
SHIPPING: AT BUYER’s EXPENSE; buyer arranges palletized LTL (Freight) with lift-gate service at source and destination & insurance. Speakers (2 crates, palletized) and large box with Wavelet, HDPlex, Umbilical, Extra set of footers, etc…to be shipped separately.
Bank Wire Transfer, Cash or Certified Check with ID/verifiable address only.
No PayPal, Money Orders, etc……Shipment to only be arranged after funds are verified and solid in my account. This is to save both of us rather substantial fees. I would use PayPal only if Buyer pays all fees and adheres to as-is sale.
SHIPPING WEIGHT/DETAILS: As mentioned above, these speakers are in custom wooden crates, overall with the 200 pound per speaker weight, you are looking at 300 pounds per speaker x 2 plus the weight of the 2 boxes containing the Wavelet, Umbilical, HDPlex and other items mentioned and 1 containing the speaker grills.
***Warranty will be continued for 4 full years from date of sale on the AERIS and 3 full years on the Wavelet. This is per an email I will forward to prospective buyers. HDPEX has its own warranty. Legacy will provide as stated in the email, documentation of transfer of warranty after the sale!!!*
Thank you for looking!!!
Details and Reviews: Get to them from the “Details” tab for AERIS on Legacy Audio’s website…
System Type:
6 driver, 4.5 way
Tweeter:
Dual Air Motion Tweeter System- 1" AMT super tweeter & 4" AMT tweeter
Midrange:
(1) 8" titanium encrusted, accordion edge with 6 lb magnetic structure
Midwoofer:
(1) 10" accordion edge with 10 lb magnetic structure
Subwoofer:
(2) 12" spun aluminum diaphragm, Aura neo-motor mass loaded, radiator dual vents, dual 500 Watt ICE Amps in each tower for bass & sub-bass drivers….
Low Frequency Alignment:
Hybrid cardioid
Freq. Response (Hz, +/-2dB):
18-30k, +/- 2db, measured in my room down to 16 Hz, includes 24 bit processor
Impedance:
4 Ohm
Sensitivity:
(Room, dB@ 2.83V/1m) 95.4 dB
Binding Posts:
1 Pair
Recommended Amplification:
60-500 watts
Crossover Points (Hz):
80, 2.8k, 8k
Cabinet Dimensions HxWxD (inches):
Upper Cabinet: 58 x 14.5 x 16 Base: 1 x 19 x 17.5
Weight:
171 lbs each
Shipping Weight:
290 lbs each
Product Reviews
Legacy Aeris & Wavelet: “A Vital Step Forward”
Legacy Aeris is “Bad Ass Award” Winning Speaker
Legacy Aeris: “Speakers That Every Audiophile Should Seek Out… I Could Hear It All.”
Legacy Aeris: “Without Question One of The Great Values in High End Audio”- Robert Youman
Legacy Aeris brings “What Others Cannot: The LIFE” Receives Reference 100% Award
Aeris: Effortless listening. Simply the finest loudspeaker system I’ve had the privilege of hearing.
Legacy Aeris Review- “The Avatar of What the Next Generation of Speakers Should Be”
Related Articles
Legacy Aeris & Wavelet are 2016 Golden Ear Award Winners
With Legacy “I heard tight and powerful controlled bass, clear vocals…”
Legacy Speakers are “My Best Investment”- L.A. Reid, Epic Records CEO & GRAMMY Winning Producer
“I did not hear ANY speakers that make me want to upgrade” from Legacy Aeris
Legacy Awarded 5th Consecutive Editors’ Choice from The Absolute Sound
Legacy Aeris is 2015 Product of The Year
Legacy “Plans to Rule the World of Hifi” with V & Aeris
Watch Legacy Aeris: At First Sight
Legacy Speakers: Editors’ Choice 4 Years Running
“One word to sum it up- amazing. With the Legacy Aeris, music seems to have been taken out of a box”
Legacy Aeris: One of The Greatest Bargains in High End
The Back To Back Golden Ear Award-Winning Legacy Aeris
Legacy Aeris is 2014 Consumer Excellence Award Winner
Legacy Aeris & Focus SE Awarded 2014 Editors’ Choice by The Absolute Sound
Legacy Aeris is The Absolute Sound’s Speaker of The Year
Aeris: “It was pretty easy to see why Legacy has so many fans.”
Golden Ear Award Winning Legacy Aeris- The Avatar of What The Next Generation of Speakers Should Be
Legacy Aeris Makes International Debut at High End Show Munich
How to Control Legacy Audio Speakers with the Xilica Processor
Legacy Aeris Featured: New Gear for the New Year
Legacy Audio Dual Air Motion Tweeter (AMT): Continuing the Pursuit for Perfection
Legacy Awarded Best Sound (Highest Value) by Robert Harley, The Absolute Sound

Attachments

• Legacy-AERIS-RightSpkr-right-side-20161210_095245.jpg
    Legacy-AERIS-RightSpkr-right-side-20161210_095245.jpg
    799.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Legacy-AERIS-RightSpkr-left-side-20161210_095253.jpg
    Legacy-AERIS-RightSpkr-left-side-20161210_095253.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Legacy-AERIS-RightSpkr-front-20161210_095239.jpg
    Legacy-AERIS-RightSpkr-front-20161210_095239.jpg
    927.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Legacy-AERIS-LeftSpkr-left-side-20161210_095226.jpg
    Legacy-AERIS-LeftSpkr-left-side-20161210_095226.jpg
    748.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Legacy-AERIS-LeftSpkr-right-side-20161210_095214.jpg
    Legacy-AERIS-LeftSpkr-right-side-20161210_095214.jpg
    843 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Sold!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing