2018 Toyota Camry Photo Leak ?

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
When people go test drive the Camry 4-cylinder they will be shocked at how quick this new 4-cylinder engine really is!

It really does have V-6 POWER with 0 to 60 in a unheard of time for a non-turbo 4-cylinder of just 5.5 seconds!

Toyota wants to shock the 4-cylinder turbo engine owners out there! Go test drive a Camry 4-cylinder today and find out like I did and others, how quick this Camry 4-cylinder really moves down the road now!

This car is improved so much in the way it drives!, the way it handles!, and how quick it moves now! that Toyota should have said they are going to bring out a brand new model for Toyota!

Because this car is nothing like past Camry generations at all !! All you have to do is just go test drive a 2018 Camry 4-cylinder and find out how much better this car really is now! Toyota shouldn't call this car a Camry at all! It's improved that much and it's that good now!

A good new name for this car would be... Legend ! 'Toyota Legend'!....

Yes, it's that GOOD NOW!

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I can see you all are upset that the 2018 Toyota Camry is on the 'What's Best Forum' here BUT the Camry has the right to be here too just like these.. Way:rolleyes: Over Priced Cars!:D..;). :cool:

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
My tears and prayers are with all the families and victims of this latest and horrifying ... I don't know the word to describe, from Sunday night in Las Vegas.
_____

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to be upset, Audio_Karma.
The car is great, and I'm sure many young drivers are going to enjoy it.
That is very nice to have reliability and affordability and performance and superb new design and engineering from Japanese automaker Toyota with their 2018 Camry model.
I think that we are going to see many of them on our country roads, highways, city streets. ...And with additional subwoofers installed in the trunk, for a good dose of 'feel' vibration.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I just watched a couple of reviews of the new 2018 Honda Accord.

Looks like it smokes the 2018 Camry from a design and performance perspective.

Plus the Honda includes Apple Car Play and Android Auto in all but the base model instead of the proprietary Entune system available in the Camry.

My wife had a Lexus IS and a couple RX's and I never like the Toyota/Lexus navigation systems either.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
I just watched a couple of reviews of the new 2018 Honda Accord.

Looks like it smokes the 2018 Camry from a design and performance perspective.

Plus the Honda includes Apple Car Play and Android Auto in all but the base model instead of the proprietary Entune system available in the Camry.

My wife had a Lexus IS and a couple RX's and I never like the Toyota/Lexus navigation systems either.
How is that possible, when this thread has repeatedly assured us that the Camry is unsurpassed in all aspects! :confused:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Bob said:
The car is great, and I'm sure many grandmas are going to enjoy it.

Lol, not my grand-Ma. She's a Bugatti lady.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
How is that possible, when this thread has repeatedly assured us that the Camry is unsurpassed in all aspects! :confused:

:rolleyes:

we had the all-new 2018 Accord here at the dealership today doing training with our 25 salespeople. it's still 2 weeks to go to the 'on-sale' date....and none have arrived we can sell yet.

these salespeople are the one's who know their competition, and know how customers will view the new Accord. I saw it 6 weeks ago at the Dealer Meeting in Chicago and was stoked, but seeing and listening to how my crew reacted to the car today was pretty exciting.

as far as how it will directly compare to the 2018 Camry; let's just wait for the press to actually do their 'real' 'direct' comparisons.....and not just "fluff" and 'press releases' like this thread has been filled with. and let the chips fall where they may.

I now return you to the Audio_Karma Show.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Are they both touch screen nav?

The cheaper rib grille camery is ugly. All Hondas looks nice, and the sporty Camry's I can dig.

What is the 0-60mph for the 250hp Accord? People are laughing at the 300hp Camry because old 220hp engines run circles around its performance..

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Are they both touch screen nav?

The cheaper rib grille camery is ugly. All Hondas looks nice, and the sporty Camry's I can dig.

What is the 0-60mph for the 250hp Accord? People are laughing at the 300hp Camry because old 220hp engines run circles around its performance..

I saw those numbers at the dealer show in Chicago in August; it's within a one tenth of a second to the 0-60mph time of the previous gen Accord V6.....5.7 seconds according to this Motor Trend article.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/honda-accord-2017-car-of-the-year-contender/

I've had maybe 6 or 7 new V6 Accord Demo's from that generation, over the last 4 years. they are quite fast in that realm of car types.

and this new 2.0 litre Turbo has the new 10 speed transmission too.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I saw those numbers at the dealer show in Chicago in August; it's within a one tenth of a second to the 0-60mph time of the previous gen Accord V6.....5.7 seconds according to this Motor Trend article.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/honda-accord-2017-car-of-the-year-contender/

I've had maybe 6 or 7 new V6 Accord Demo's from that generation, over the last 4 years. they are quite fast in that realm of car types.

and this new 2.0 litre Turbo has the new 10 speed transmission too.

Nice. The Camry performance is a joke compared to that. Although I would be tempted toward that 6spd manual were I wanting one.

They both have touch screens. Honda has glass which is nice. I ask because some vehicles dont. I visit my grandmother sometimes, and sometimes we take her car for lunch or whatever. I honestly thought her infotainment system was broken. Turns out that you turn a knob and press it... imagine trying to use GPS - she never has and never will on that car. My mind was blown. If I ever seen something more stupid on a car I will be surprised...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing