Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jeff's Stereo Den

Jeff's Stereo Den

I've been lurking around this forum long enough, its about time I posted my system. A few years ago I took over the garage, broke out all of the drywall and installed sound board and QuiteRock dry wall. Dedicated lines, grounding and a very quite AC system rounded out the modifications to the garage. My primary focus is on the record collection, with over 5,000 records sorted by name and genre. If I have over 3 records from a specific musician, they get their own section. The system is based around Lamm electronics, as Lamm has consistently delivered my favorite sound at CES and home auditions from fellow audiophiles. A few pics:

Name:  Full Room.jpg
Views: 1391
Size:  662.6 KB

My new turntable is the Acoustic Signature Ascona with the venerable SME 3012R arm. I have several arms over the years and only the SME 3012R can deliver the flexibility, easy set up, musicality and zero tracking error that I'm looking for:

I've enjoyed collecting different cartridges and having fun with some of the older MM's with the modern Jico SAS stylus. My current cartridge selection: Air Tight PC-7, ZU Denon 103, Shure V15 III, A&R P77 and Signet 7EA.
    Name:  Cartridge Collection.JPG
Views: 1374
Size:  1.59 MB

On the rack we have a Sonorus P77 reel to reel from Arian Janson, Lamm LL2.1 Deluxe, Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe Sansui 717 Tuner and Lamm M2.2 monos.
    Name:  Rack.jpg
Views: 1370
Size:  627.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by jeffrey_t; 07-01-2016 at 10:25 AM.

I wanted to thank the great people involved in this forum for their advice though PM's as well as inspiration through their posted systems. I'm in So Cal, please PM me if you want to come by for a listen.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    welcome Jeff.

great pictures of a very well thought out system and room, congrats. I look forward to your participation.

multiple cartridges, a nice Sonorous RTR deck.....you got it going!

you have lots of fellow SoCal WBF members to connect with.

[WBF Founding Member] Moderator RBFC's Avatar
    Very nice!!

Lee
    Lee Aldridge

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

http://www.fightingconcepts.com

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] es347's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey_t View Post
    I've been lurking around this forum long enough, its about time I posted my system. A few years ago I took over the garage, broke out all of the drywall and installed sound board and QuiteRock dry wall. Dedicated lines, grounding and a very quite AC system rounded out the modifications to the garage. My primary focus is on the record collection, with over 5,000 records sorted by name and genre. If I have over 3 records from a specific musician, they get their own section. The system is based around Lamm electronics, as Lamm has consistently delivered my favorite sound at CES and home auditions from fellow audiophiles. A few pics:

Name:  Full Room.jpg
Views: 1391
Size:  662.6 KB

My new turntable is the Acoustic Signature Ascona with the venerable SME 3012R arm. I have several arms over the years and only the SME 3012R can deliver the flexibility, easy set up, musicality and zero tracking error that I'm looking for.
    Name:  Ascona.JPG
Views: 2663
Size:  1.82 MB

I've enjoyed collecting different cartridges and having fun with some of the older MM's with the modern Jico SAS stylus. My current cartridge selection: Air Tight PC-7, ZU Denon 103, Shure V15 III, A&R P77 and Signet 7EA.
    Name:  Cartridge Collection.JPG
Views: 1374
Size:  1.59 MB

On the rack we have a Sonorus P77 reel to reel from Arian Janson, Lamm LL2.1 Deluxe, Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe Sansui 717 Tuner and Lamm M2.2 monos.
    Name:  Rack.jpg
Views: 1370
Size:  627.1 KB
    ..I may have missed it but what speakers are those?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    welcome Jeff.

great pictures of a very well thought out system and room, congrats. I look forward to your participation.

multiple cartridges, a nice Sonorous RTR deck.....you got it going!

you have lots of fellow SoCal WBF members to connect with.
    Thanks Mike. Your system has been an inspiration to me for many years.

The speakers are Quintessence Stealth VI. These are the same speakers reviewed by AVS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5gF3b6T_oo

The monitors run full range and the ribbon takes over around 12K. Power subwoofers with an EQ run sub 200 hz.

Addicted to Best!
    great system! would love to hear more about your thoughts on your speakers. have only read about them...
    Speaker: Wilson X1/Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amps: CJ GAT/Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: SC/IC:TA Opus 5/RefMM2 PC:PAD25th/Sablon GCUber
    16 Isolation 'Sandwiches': Under: HRS/Stillpoints/Auralex Top: HRS/Artesania/Entreq/EAT/90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground/Shield: 4 x 16A Lines w/ Furutech Outlets / Burmester948/NordostQX4 / Tripoint (TroySig+Thor) / Entreq (Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap)
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex7308 Mullard(6922 6CA4 6X4) TeleE88CC

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Hi Jeff!

Very cool room, very inviting and cozy... And that must be an amazing record collection!
    Anyway, where in SoCal are you? If you're anywhere near us here in La Jolla/San Diego, I'd love to meet you!

cheers,
    Alex
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - La Jolla, CA
    ADL/Furutech - Aqua Hi-Fi - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Avantgarde - Bergmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - DEQX - ELAC - ENIGMAcoustics - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Octave - Ortofon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Wharfedale - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

[Industry Expert] Member MRJAZZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey_t View Post
    The speakers are Quintessence Stealth VI. These are the same speakers reviewed by AVS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5gF3b6T_oo

The monitors run full range and the ribbon takes over around 12K. Power subwoofers with an EQ run sub 200 hz.
    You have excellent taste , especially in speakers.....-
    Cheers, T.
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast