Jeff's Stereo Den

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I've been lurking around this forum long enough, its about time I posted my system. A few years ago I took over the garage, broke out all of the drywall and installed sound board and QuiteRock dry wall. Dedicated lines, grounding and a very quite AC system rounded out the modifications to the garage. My primary focus is on the record collection, with over 5,000 records sorted by name and genre. If I have over 3 records from a specific musician, they get their own section. The system is based around Lamm electronics, as Lamm has consistently delivered my favorite sound at CES and home auditions from fellow audiophiles. A few pics:

Full Room.jpg

My new turntable is the Acoustic Signature Ascona with the venerable SME 3012R arm. I have several arms over the years and only the SME 3012R can deliver the flexibility, easy set up, musicality and zero tracking error that I'm looking for:

I've enjoyed collecting different cartridges and having fun with some of the older MM's with the modern Jico SAS stylus. My current cartridge selection: Air Tight PC-7, ZU Denon 103, Shure V15 III, A&R P77 and Signet 7EA.
Cartridge Collection.JPG

On the rack we have a Sonorus P77 reel to reel from Arian Janson, Lamm LL2.1 Deluxe, Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe Sansui 717 Tuner and Lamm M2.2 monos.
Rack.jpg

Attachments

• Ascona.JPG
    Ascona.JPG
    918.8 KB · Views: 5,979
  • Quintessence and Records.jpg
    Quintessence and Records.jpg
    774 KB · Views: 2,883
Last edited by a moderator:

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I wanted to thank the great people involved in this forum for their advice though PM's as well as inspiration through their posted systems. I'm in So Cal, please PM me if you want to come by for a listen.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
welcome Jeff.

great pictures of a very well thought out system and room, congrats. I look forward to your participation.

multiple cartridges, a nice Sonorous RTR deck.....you got it going!

you have lots of fellow SoCal WBF members to connect with.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I've been lurking around this forum long enough, its about time I posted my system. A few years ago I took over the garage, broke out all of the drywall and installed sound board and QuiteRock dry wall. Dedicated lines, grounding and a very quite AC system rounded out the modifications to the garage. My primary focus is on the record collection, with over 5,000 records sorted by name and genre. If I have over 3 records from a specific musician, they get their own section. The system is based around Lamm electronics, as Lamm has consistently delivered my favorite sound at CES and home auditions from fellow audiophiles. A few pics:

View attachment 27776

My new turntable is the Acoustic Signature Ascona with the venerable SME 3012R arm. I have several arms over the years and only the SME 3012R can deliver the flexibility, easy set up, musicality and zero tracking error that I'm looking for.
View attachment 27777

I've enjoyed collecting different cartridges and having fun with some of the older MM's with the modern Jico SAS stylus. My current cartridge selection: Air Tight PC-7, ZU Denon 103, Shure V15 III, A&R P77 and Signet 7EA.
View attachment 27778

On the rack we have a Sonorus P77 reel to reel from Arian Janson, Lamm LL2.1 Deluxe, Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe Sansui 717 Tuner and Lamm M2.2 monos.
View attachment 27779

..I may have missed it but what speakers are those?

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
welcome Jeff.

great pictures of a very well thought out system and room, congrats. I look forward to your participation.

multiple cartridges, a nice Sonorous RTR deck.....you got it going!

you have lots of fellow SoCal WBF members to connect with.

Thanks Mike. Your system has been an inspiration to me for many years.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
great system! would love to hear more about your thoughts on your speakers. have only read about them...

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Hi Jeff!

Very cool room, very inviting and cozy... And that must be an amazing record collection!
Anyway, where in SoCal are you? If you're anywhere near us here in La Jolla/San Diego, I'd love to meet you!

cheers,
Alex

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Hi Jeff!

Very cool room, very inviting and cozy... And that must be an amazing record collection!
Anyway, where in SoCal are you? If you're anywhere near us here in La Jolla/San Diego, I'd love to meet you!

cheers,
Alex

Alex,
Thank you for the comments. I live in Long Beach and we've met as I visited your store with my friend Danny Kaey. I dropped a few $100 on your fantastic record collection.

Thanks,
Jeff

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
The speakers are Quintessence Stealth VI. These are the same speakers reviewed by AVS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5gF3b6T_oo

The monitors run full range and the ribbon takes over around 12K. Power subwoofers with an EQ run sub 200 hz.

Hello Jeff,

I was wondering about the loudspeakers...thanks for identifying them. I'm in socal, too. :D

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
great system! would love to hear more about your thoughts on your speakers. have only read about them...

I've admired the Quintessence at CES and THE Show for many years. I love precise imaging and sound stage above all other attributes in a system and the Quintessence excel at both of these. The multiple drivers blend beautifully (unlike my past Avantgardes) and present a very balanced and musical presentation. If you have a chance to demo the Quintessence, you should as I believe they compete with the very best.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Alex,
Thank you for the comments. I live in Long Beach and we've met as I visited your store with my friend Danny Kaey. I dropped a few $100 on your fantastic record collection.

Thanks,
Jeff

Ha! A friend of Danny's is immediately a friend too :)
Cool, come again then, if only for the vinyl ! hahaha

cheers,
alex

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Ha! A friend of Danny's is immediately a friend too :)
Cool, come again then, if only for the vinyl ! hahaha

cheers,
alex

I agree and Danny has promised he was going to be paying me a visit so please come with him as well Jeff

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I've admired the Quintessence at CES and THE Show for many years. I love precise imaging and sound stage above all other attributes in a system and the Quintessence excel at both of these. The multiple drivers blend beautifully (unlike my past Avantgardes) and present a very balanced and musical presentation. If you have a chance to demo the Quintessence, you should as I believe they compete with the very best.

Tom Campagna the owner of Quintessence is a member here

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Thanks! Will remember that.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
that damn Danny.;)

he is suppose to be visiting me 'again' next time he comes to Seattle......

Mike,
You and I also have a common audio friend in Scott Kushino. I lived in Seattle for 5 years running the Costco business for Mars Chocolate at visited Scott's house many times. That was the first time I was acquainted with Lamm's.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Mike,
You and I also have a common audio friend in Scott Kushino. I lived in Seattle for 5 years running the Costco business for Mars Chocolate at visited Scott's house many times. That was the first time I was acquainted with Lamm's.

Scott is a very sharp guy. not seen him now for a few years. he's always adventuring somewhere. I always wanted to hear his DIY horns but never had the pleasure. I heard they were quite special.

it is a very small audio world.....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing