FS: Walker Proscenium Gold Signature Turntable

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
Original owner of this statement vinyl playback system. Includes current generation air supply system and upgraded suspension valves for footers. This table was installed and maintained by Lloyd Walker and Fred Law. It has remained in place since new. There is a small stain on the surface of the platter which does not in any way hinder performance. I mention it in the interest of transparency. This table has given me nothing but vinyl bliss in the years I have owned it. It has needed no maintenance other than routine and upgrades.

I would prefer a buyer who can arrange for pickup at my residence as this is a very heavy and complex system to ship (in excess of 300 lbs and multiple boxes). I will ship but the costs must be covered by the buyer as my asking price is very fair. I have all the original boxes and manuals. Audition is available as it will not be broken down until a buyer is found.

Walker tt.JPG Walker closeup.JPG surge tanks.JPG Bigger pics are available

The table is in excellent condition save the the scuff mark mentioned above. Contact me with offers/questions. Selling as we are downsizing the system as a retirement relocation looms ever closer.

Allnic H3000 phono stage and L3000 line stage also available contact me for further info on those.

Price: $30,000.00

Last edited:

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
Hey Christian!

Keeping a core LP collection, downsized system. Looking at a move to the Inter-Mountain west to ski every day during the winter and fly fish every day when I'm not skiing. I spent a month in the Mt. Everest region of Nepal in 2015 that has me looking at retirement to pursue various other loves. Kind of like divesting myself of my tape rig after 1995 to pursue high end home audio. If my wife and I relocate, it will be to a smaller place that will have to have multi-use spaces.....

As for gear, not sure what direction I'll go in yet.

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
You've got that right!

Best of luck with the sale. Would love to have the Walker!!

It's a gem! PM me - would love to see it live with someone like you.....

Andrew Stenhouse

Feb 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Looking at a move to the Inter-Mountain west to ski every day during the winter and fly fish every day when I'm not skiing.

What a marvellous plan for a wonderful retirement. Enjoy in the very best of health.

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
What a marvellous plan for a wonderful retirement. Enjoy in the very best of health.

Thank you for the nice thoughts. Too bad it took a near death experience for me to rethink what I want to do while I have the health to do it...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thank you for the nice thoughts. Too bad it took a near death experience for me to rethink what I want to do while I have the health to do it...

That sure sounds sinister Joe

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
That sure sounds sinister Joe

Had to play "Beat the Reaper"a few years back, following recovery, a month long trip to the Khumbu in Nepal in October 2015 get me thinking about shifting priorities and doing more things that I love. Don't want my tombstone to read "Gee, I wish I had worked more" The sinister part was a CVA that was partially caused by a dissected artery brought on by lifting a way heavy audio rack (it was empty, but the leg columns were full of lead shot, and it has 2" thick Baltic Birch shelves).

Andrew Stenhouse

Feb 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Had to play "Beat the Reaper"a few years back, following recovery, a month long trip to the Khumbu in Nepal in October 2015 get me thinking about shifting priorities and doing more things that I love. Don't want my tombstone to read "Gee, I wish I had worked more" The sinister part was a CVA that was partially caused by a dissected artery brought on by lifting a way heavy audio rack (it was empty, but the leg columns were full of lead shot, and it has 2" thick Baltic Birch shelves).

You poor bloke. Still look at the upside - a chance to sit down and work out exactly what you want the rest of your like to look like. Sounds pretty idyllic to me: a season pass and some skiing in winter, and fly fishing & being in nature in summer. A few years of that and I wager you will be a new man.

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
You poor bloke. Still look at the upside - a chance to sit down and work out exactly what you want the rest of your like to look like. Sounds pretty idyllic to me: a season pass and some skiing in winter, and fly fishing & being in nature in summer. A few years of that and I wager you will be a new man.

I am really getting whipped into shape. 6 years clean of tobacco, season's pass at the local hill got 25 days in even though the eastern US has had one of the worst winters for lack of snow on record. spent a week skiing in the Lake Tahoe, CA area last month. Life is indeed good and looking better every day.

Andrew Stenhouse

Feb 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
I am really getting whipped into shape. 6 years clean of tobacco, season's pass at the local hill got 25 days in even though the eastern US has had one of the worst winters for lack of snow on record. spent a week skiing in the Lake Tahoe, CA area last month. Life is indeed good and looking better every day.

Ahhh - well done Joe - the key is giving up the tobacco. It will add years to your life. And good years. I was listening to a health programme on the wireless the other morning and the resident medical expert was saying that if you do one thing to get healthy in your life, give up smoking tobacco. We are lucky - my wife and I have never smoked. Tried of course as a kid, but it never took.

Gosh 25 days is nothing to be sniffed at. That is a good season. Particularly if you haven't had the best conditions.

I have never skied Lake Tahoe but should love to. It looks absolutely beautiful. I have only ever been around Colorado (& across the border to Utah briefly) and New Mexico in the USA, although I did visit a friend in upstate New York once and she took me to her local hill with her family. A very enjoyable day out in the Catskills (?).

Do you tie your own flies? That is a very relaxing and satisfying activity.

Do you plan on moving away from where you are? or staying put and downsizing for your retirement? Personally I should love to live in a ski in ski out condo in winter, and spend my summers casting for a brown trout. You must come visit NZ if you have time. Some excellent trout fishing there. Particularly in the South island.

In any event, what a very exciting change you have on the horizon.

One thing is for sure. Someone is going to be very lucky buying your turntable. GLWTS.

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
bump

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
A great price on a great turntable, and not even a nibble? C'mon man! There has to be one of you out there that wants a Walker in their room. At less than 1/3 of new retail and 90% of the sound of the latest units, it's a perfect fit for some lucky soul.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
A great price on a great turntable, and not even a nibble? C'mon man! There has to be one of you out there that wants a Walker in their room. At less than 1/3 of new retail and 90% of the sound of the latest units, it's a perfect fit for some lucky soul.

I heard one of these at RMAF 2010 with TAD CR1 speakers and Bilboa? electronics. Best sound at that show. Sorry I'm not in the market. Good luck.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing