Adele 25

I got mine the other day. Very disappointed. Very, very disappointed. Yet another great album restricted to listening in the car with the windows rolled down. What a waste of talent.

The sound quality is only slightly better than 19.....and I do mean slightly. Sad.

Tom

I got mine the other day. Very disappointed. Very, very disappointed. Yet another great album restricted to listening in the car with the windows rolled down. What a waste of talent.

The sound quality is only slightly better than 19.....and I do mean slightly. Sad.

Tom

I concur. Very processed too.

Tom

That's too bad. Adele is one of those talents that seems to be consistently cursed with bad sound production and poor mastering. I really don't understand why this has been the case and apparently continues to be so. After all, if Lynn Stanley can figure it out, surely someone of Adele's ability could too!!

That's too bad. Adele is one of those talents that seems to be consistently cursed with bad sound production and poor mastering. I really don't understand why this has been the case and apparently continues to be so. After all, if Lynn Stanley can figure it out, surely someone of Adele's ability could too!!
Lynn Stanley caters to audiophiles, not the masses, hence the importance of quality. Adele is a mass-market artist and its the labels that decide how it'll be mastered. Now, Adele certainly has the power to change that and take control, but has yet to demonstrate that willingness.

Lyrics of her songs should give you a clue who they're marketing it to...

david

Tom

Thanks...was thinking about getting a copy...will save the money and space.

Adele is one of those talents that seems to be consistently cursed with bad sound production and poor mastering. I really don't understand why this has been the case and apparently continues to be so.

Surely someone on the recording side who is involved directly with artists -- especially vocalists like Adele -- can explain to them (or to their managers) that with a little more care in mic and recording equipment selection and recording technique significantly better sound quality can be achieved with no additional effort by the artist?

Personally, Adele is a pop singer, and the recording production values of all her albums (I don't have her last one yet) are for a dedicated audience.
Audiophile recordings they are not. Musically and lyrics are a personal matter; and it reaches each one of us on the level that we chose.

Personally, Adele is not my favorite pop singer. She's nice, with a nice face, voice and style, and without the ultimate emotional wisdom reflecting in my soul.

This is my own personal reflective impression from all her previous albums (three). ...And when I get this one I will return to share some more; my own.
Personally I prefer Amy Winehouse's voice. ...Madonna? ...Her production values are high but her voice lower.

Some female singers that I truly like? ...Let me think about it...and Paula Cole, Laurie Anderson, Eleanor McEvoy, Lucinda Williams, Eva Cassidy, Kasey Chambers, Rickie Lee Jones, Shawn Colvin, Tracy Chapman, Kathleen Edwards, Mary Gauthier, Jennifer Warnes, Sam Phillips, Ani Difranco, Macy Gray, Emmylou Harris, Nanci Griffith, Stacey Earle, Aimee Mann, Joan Osborne, Mary Margaret O'Hara... Just to name few out of my head; there are hundreds more ahead of Adele, in my music book of pop female singers.

That's just me, and my own music exposure and evolution. I love ? them all, Adele included, but her recordings are NOT audiophile. And it's a personal preference about the artist's voice and how it moves us overall. I will get her last one...25 :b
But I highly doubt that she'll make the top 25 of my list.

I received the LP today and gave it a try. Besides being very noisy it is similar to her first two releases, a few good tracks and the rest so-so. She seems to have more trouble carrying some notes. For example I find the track "All I Ask" is almost unlistenable.

I received the LP today and gave it a try. Besides being very noisy it is similar to her first two releases, a few good tracks and the rest so-so. She seems to have more trouble carrying some notes. For example I find the track "All I Ask" is almost unlistenable.
Does it give you any indication as to where and/or by whom (plant) this was pressed?

Surely someone on the recording side who is involved directly with artists -- especially vocalists like Adele -- can explain to them (or to their managers) that with a little more care in mic and recording equipment selection and recording technique significantly better sound quality can be achieved with no additional effort by the artist?

+1

It's certainly disappointing to hear that the sonics are still lacking. You would think someone would have said
' wake the effen up ' after a couple of misses on the subject.

I saw that yesterday. To my ears it is better sounding than those scores and certainly better than her previous albums.

Yeah I agree, the other two albums definitely more depressing from the recording-mastering quality perspective.
If you want to hear her voice closer to natural in a studio try the following album she appears on Dermot O'leary Presents The Saturday Sessions 2011 : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dermot-Oleary-Presents-Various-Artists/dp/B005MUNQUY/
Sadly only one track on this, not sure which other years she appeared on as I am sure I have heard her on more of his show.
It has the usual quality of the BBC live radio music studio and shows just how powerful/energetic her voice is in some parts of the frequency range, which may be part of the reason her own albums are recorded-mixed-mastered in the way they are (albeit too aggressively I think most here would say, and as I mentioned in the past this seems to be the trend for talented female 'pop' artists :( ).

Cheers
Orb

Just watched the DVRed Saturday Night Live with Adele. What I find with Adele is that as good as her music is, seeing her sing brings it to an entirely level. And more so in this more mature version:

Sorry guys but I don't know who can stand up and say this is not great music/performance.

I will compare the sound quality later to the CD but on my living room system playing through an AVR and Revel bookshelf speakers, it sounds pretty good.

I don't think you all are fully aware of the situation with the way you are disputing my musical taste:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing