The friends you've made in this crazy hobby

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Speaking of friends in the hobby; I had the pleasure of hearing Sam ( C1 Ferrari's) superb system today. Sam loves his tape and his Studer tape recorder...and with very very good reason! The Studer tape deck in Sam's system is magnificent and after playing a few of the Tape project tapes, i was left wondering how I could get close to that sound. Sam's system is a great example of how a well put together system based on tubes can sound. In his room, the wall to wall soundstage portrays beautiful images and the ease and naturalness has to be heard to be believed.
Sam, thanks for a great and enjoyable afternoon listening to a superb system.

Thanks, Davey...it sincerely was our pleasure to host you, Jan, and Jim :D
Sonny and I just arrived in Temecula, where we will enjoy dinner and George Benson with one of our illustrious leaders, Steve, and his wonderful spouse, Cathy. :)
It should be cookin' in more ways than one! ;)

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
This is the kind of thing I love to read on the forum. The only thing is missing is pictures. PICTURES! :D

Okay, I can furnish pics of the system, but...alas, I haven't pictures of those assembled :eek:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
This thread makes absolutely no sense unless people share what objective criterion prove thats someone is a friend...

Haha JD, i GET you!
There's no doubt pretty much everyone on these boards is UNEVEN, prone to FLUCTUATIONS, and probably INCONSISTENT.
Maybe worse measuring than the worst measuring gear we may own.
I wouldn't have it any other way.
Who wants to know people who are TOTALLY predictable?

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
This thread makes absolutely no sense unless people share what objective criterion prove thats someone is a friend...

If you know their darkest secrets, and they know yours,
and their family calls you when they have trouble,
and your family would do the same,
they qualify for certain. Correct?

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

Blind faith....err...testing? :)

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Blind faith....err...testing? :)

Yep, blind faith works.

If I understand jazdoc's question, it is a good one because it's convenient for us to refer to others as friends when they are associates or acquaintances, but a friend is far more. They are much rarer, so I am really happy knowing that I have several. The downside is that they tend to be audio geeks! It takes one to know one, I suppose :D

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Moisin, w/due respect, I think you're taking Jazdoc literally, he's reflecting humorously how EVERY thread is dragged into an objective v subjective blind alley, and hence wants to know how these friends can be PROVED to be friends.
I'm still waiting for Purite Audio to ask me to open up my WBF friends, and show there is nothing inside them that can make them have an emotional effect on me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing