Sad day today...Chris Squire RIP

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com
Cancer took him at only 67.

He was one of the founding fathers of progressive rock.

Quite possibly the greatest bassist in the history of rock.

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
I'll spin Fragile tonight in his honor. Sleep well Mr. Squire.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I'd love to be able to say Yes was a primary influence for me, but I can't play that stuff. It's too hard. Squire was a monster player and a core member of the band that was at the top of the prog food chain.

Tim

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
A sad sad day indeed. Jack Bruce last year, Chris now. Just listen to Roundabout for the perfect marriage of prog and pop, w/the most amazing bass tone and groove.
Chris was always late to a take. Always. Like a Mammoth trying to be on time attending a job interview! But my God, was the end result worth it. Bill Bruford gave up after Close To The Edge, but always saluted Chris' beyond-superlative talent. To say he'll be missed is like us here saying we all sort of like music.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing