It's time to go, see ya later.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I ask everyone who is into high end audio to join me in an exodus off this board of wankers.

You know what I mean. The latest rant from Amirm was the final straw, plus several total wankers over the past three weeks was enough. You know who you are. We are into high end audio and you are not... not graphs from some corporation, not words from some total wankers.

Look me up, I'm public. I promise you the next board will not allow wankers.

So it is written. So it shall be.

See you later, Joe, see you later Armirm.

Have fun without us.

Please remove all reference to AVShowrooms from this board.

Steve, you are invited over ;)

Thank you,

Peter Breuninger

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
Have fun tbone. go wank alone.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Peter - While I previously had respect for you and your reviews, this thread shows your total lack of class and respect for others. Your recent posts here and elsewhere display your clearly elitist attitude which is one of the problems in high end audio, and are written as if you believe yourself to be the self proclaimed savior in the field. Good luck to you going forward, but I believe that you have shown your true colors and are headed down a dangerous path towards your lack of having any credibility at all. Sorry to have to post this, but as they say you have made your bed.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Peter - While I previously had respect for you and your reviews, this thread shows your total lack of class and respect for others. Your recent posts here and elsewhere display your clearly elitist attitude which is one of the problems in high end audio, and are written as if you believe yourself to be the self proclaimed savior in the field. Good luck to you going forward, but I believe that you have shown your true colors and are headed down a dangerous path towards your lack of having any credibility at all. Sorry to have to post this, but as they say you have made your bed.

Completely agree.

Apparently, PeterB has just banned himself from this board. That makes the task easy for the moderators of this great site, they don't have to do it for us.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Al M. - Thanks for posting your agreement! I was a bit fearful about posting what I did since it could cause me to be banned, but I felt that I had state my honest opinion about Peter's recent posts.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

+2

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Really? Peter? You reap what you sow, you know. Calling the entire board a bunch of wankers is likely to come around to you.

Amir is one of the most open-minded of the measurement crowd I've ever met. I still remember him admitting that cables can sound different despite the measurements not showing it (Amir, correct me if I am wrong).

I am one of the measurement crowd - I know what I know what I can measure, but there are things I don't know how (or have the ability) to measure, and I am sure that there are still things that I don't even know that should be measured. Correlation between what we measure and what we hear is still extremely difficult.

Just because you don't agree with Amir's observations is no reason to call us all wankers.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Al M. - Thanks for posting your agreement! I was a bit fearful about posting what I did since it could cause me to be banned, but I felt that I had state my honest opinion about Peter's recent posts.

You're welcome, Audio Bill. No reason to be fearful about what had to be said, and you said it well.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Amir is one of the most open-minded of the measurement crowd I've ever met. I still remember him admitting that cables can sound different despite the measurements not showing it (Amir, correct me if I am wrong).

I am one of the measurement crowd - I know what I know what I can measure, but there are things I don't know how (or have the ability) to measure, and I am sure that there are still things that I don't even know that should be measured. Correlation between what we measure and what we hear is still extremely difficult.

Just because you don't agree with Amir's observations is no reason to call us all wankers.

I am to some degree in both the subjectivist and the measurement camp, and I have learned a lot from Amir's posts.

And yes, I agree that correlation between what we measure and what we hear is still extremely difficult. At least along most conventional paths digital measures much better than analog, hands down, and while I am a digital-only guy for my own listening, I find analog still superior by ear.

The measured results from implementation of the Nyquist theorem in digital have convinced me that its employment in 16/44.1 digital should be in principle sound, and that there are other things that are holding the format back. And the audible results keep convincing me that the format must have a lot of the potential that it has on paper. Just last weekend I heard in another system a level of resolution from 16/44.1 digital that surpassed anything I had heard before. The surprises keep coming.

Last edited:

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
I agree with what others have said. Peter, I think that dismissing people here (everyone?) will backfire on you, and it seems to have already. Suit yourself, but also be truthful to yourself.

If you regret this, come back, check your ego at the door, and sincerely apologize. I'll give you another chance because life is too short. But if you stubbornly refuse, life will go on.

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Peter,
I'm listening to the Staves now just chillin to some music. Maybe you can find some time alone with some good music and reflect on your experiences with others here. I remember we spoke on the phone once and I really enjoyed your pure passion for this hobby. I know you are genuine.

I hope you find it is better to engage with others rather than isolate yourself from others. This is the Best forum because of the diversity. You are a part of that, if you wish. If you don't change your mind, I hope Steve doesn't delete anything so that your words can speak for themselves. I agree with many of your perspectives. I strongly rely on measurements and look askance at those who ignore them, especially manufacurers. Having said that, I don't agree with everything the measurement folks espouse. There's room for disagreement.

Michael.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
What the hell is going on here? First we lose Myles, who is out there in self-imposed exile before he returns by popular demand, and now we lose Peter? What the F happened to civility and respect? For goodness sake, the Republicans and the Democrats talk, the US and Iran talk, the Israelis and their enemies talk. Russia and the US talk. The people in Charleston show love and grace and continue to talk. Meanwhile in the tiniest corner of the world inhabited by a bunch of audio nerds, we can't manage to talk to each other? C'mon folks, this is pathetic. The general audio forum is described as "the friendliest and most knowledgeable audio forum on the Internet", not "audiophiles gone wild". Why don't we all just take a deep breath and take a step back from the abyss?

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Well said Marty. Take a walk in the park. Go to the beach and get some sun. Go kiss your kids or grand kids. Take a breath and get some perspective.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing