How good is the Accuphase T-1100

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Hi guys,

I am contemplating buying an analogue tuner to use for a while before I eventually move to a high end server with internet radio down the track. The Accuphase T-1100 certainly is a pretty looking thing & has exemplary reviews. I would be using the T-1100's own own dac with Jorma Prime cables instead of dac-out. I have a dedicate FM aerial connection behind my racks connected to an excellent rooftop aerial at the top of our apartment building, so reception is excellent. Have any members got any first hand experience with this tuner & how it sounds?

Cheers,
Bodhi

t-1100.jpg

Young Skywalker

Apr 30, 2012
Hi Bodhi,

That is a very nice unit and one that I have had a long term interest in. I would run it using the digital output into my MSB Technology Signature DAC IV Plus. If you buy one and then later decide to sell it I would like to call first dibs.

Cheers,
Aaron

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Bodhi
I seriously considered the Accuphase but decided to go for the Magnum Dynalab 108T on which I am now listening to BBC Radio 3 as I type.
I have not heard the Accuphase but I would certainly recommend listening to the 108T which I find superb and they are available second hand - some with the optional DAC.
The specs and internal components are all top class

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Hi Bodhi,

That is a very nice unit and one that I have had a long term interest in. I would run it using the digital output into my MSB Technology Signature DAC IV Plus. If you buy one and then later decide to sell it I would like to call first dibs.

Cheers,
Aaron
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your feedback. Yeah I contemplated running it dac out, but (atleast for the immediate future) that would entail also switching on my cdp every time I wanted to listen to radio which is a little inconvenient, so I reached the conclusion the MDS+ dac in the T-1100 is good enough for fm radio. Instead, i'm focusing on cables (Jorma Prime) and good isolation (Stillpoints). Yep, noted on 1st dibs if I roll the dice..

Cheers,
Bodhi.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Hi Bodhi
I seriously considered the Accuphase but decided to go for the Magnum Dynalab 108T on which I am now listening to BBC Radio 3 as I type.
I have not heard the Accuphase but I would certainly recommend listening to the 108T which I find superb and they are available second hand - some with the optional DAC.
The specs and internal components are all top class
Hi Barry, thanks for chiming in. I have to admit the MD108T is a sexy looking thing. It reminds me of the new Mini Cooper S. Dave from Tuner Information Center however was less enthusiastic about the sound (compared to the T1100), then again it's difficult to compare a tube tuner to a ss one. I think for my personal preferences, i'm leaning toward the Accuphase at this stage. Maintenance and fuss free. Great to hear you're enjoying your tuner :)

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Barry, thanks for chiming in. I have to admit the MD108T is a sexy looking thing. It reminds me of the new Mini Cooper S. Dave from Tuner Information Center however was less enthusiastic about the sound (compared to the T1100), then again it's difficult to compare a tube tuner to a ss one. I think for my personal preferences, i'm leaning toward the Accuphase at this stage. Maintenance and fuss free. Great to hear you're enjoying your tuner :)
Thanks Bodhi.
Good to hear from you.
They are both very good and it's down to personal preferences.
Shark Hifi has a nearly new T1100 for sale on Yahoo Japan but I have no idea how safe that site is and I'm not sure of the voltage in Japan - 110v?
But I pass it on to you in case it's helpful.
Best wishes

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Thanks Bodhi.
Good to hear from you.
They are both very good and it's down to personal preferences.
Shark Hifi has a nearly new T1100 for sale on Yahoo Japan but I have no idea how safe that site is and I'm not sure of the voltage in Japan - 110v?
But I pass it on to you in case it's helpful.
Best wishes
Hi Barry,
I have to agree they are both great tuners. I think I prefer the more conservative/classy lines of the Accuphase, and given its likely lifespan on my rack, resale value is an important consideration. On that point, I think the Accuphase is the safer bet. If I go Accuphase, i'd go through my local Australian Dealer to avoid warranty issues. It would be fun owning an all-tube system when i'm an old fart one day. I won't mind tinkering around with tubes then :) Would still love to hear from any members who have 1st hand experience with the T-1100?
Cheers,
Bodhi

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Barry,
I have to agree they are both great tuners. I think I prefer the more conservative/classy lines of the Accuphase, and given its likely lifespan on my rack, resale value is an important consideration. On that point, I think the Accuphase is the safer bet. If I go Accuphase, i'd go through my local Australian Dealer to avoid warranty issues. It would be fun owning an all-tube system when i'm an old fart one day. I won't mind tinkering around with tubes then :) Would still love to hear from any members who have 1st hand experience with the T-1100?
Cheers,
Bodhi
Thanks Bodhi.
That makes sense and maybe the one in Japan will be of interest to Aaron.
I'm very happy with the 108T but like you I am not really keen on the idea of more valve components. They are obviously safe if treated properly but I just don't feel comfortable with the high voltages they need and the SIA 025 is such a great amp anyway.
Best wishes,
Barry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing