Zensati, Kubala Elation, Audioquest K2, and Graditech

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Had a fun time demoing all these speaker cables over the last two weeks.

The Audioquest K2 had an enhanced midrange, but that aside, I found it less live, more laidback than the others. Graditech had been my preferred option because it was slightly more open, excellent across the spectrum, did not seem to be doing any evils such as rolling off highs, was quick enough. Then I put in the Kubala Elation, and that was a bit quieter, very effortless in orchestral music across the frequency. It was slightly less open than the Graditech and less lively. With my Logans, I prefer a nearfield sound, the Kubala was holding it back a bit.

By now my impressions were that as long as a high end cable does not do something bad, just go for the best deal. I could buy either the Kubala or the Graditech depending on what price I got.

Then I put in the Zensati 1, which is well over 4 times the price of the Graditech, and this was the first wow cable I have heard, with the wow mostly visible on orchestral and operatic music. It was doing everything - more 3d, more soundstage, great slam, the depth of the orchestra was more visible, the operatic vocals were sounding excellent. It seemed both lively and easy on the ears. I could hear some music I hadn't heard before. I stopped playing audition tracks, and ran through a few of my favorite songs. It is indeed excellent, demo highly recommended. Also fast and airy. I won't be buying it, I still feel money is better spent on the other hifi components as long as one keeps out a bad cable, but this cable was indeed superb. I might end up settling for Graditech

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I beta tested cables that had the same effect on me as the Zansati had on you. Sadly, like you, it is also priced beyond what I can allow myself to spend on cables.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Cool comparo, although if you're reviewing the KS Elation cables, it would be a disservice not to try Jorma Prime which are in a similar price bracket. Zensati are massively over-priced cables made from relatively cheap Taiwanese cable from Jinwei dressed up with fancy connectors. Zensati is also not a real company, Mark Johansen just puts them together in his garage. If you want to go Zensati, just look for Jinwei cables on Ebay for 1/10th the price.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Cool comparo, although if you're reviewing the KS Elation cables, it would be a disservice not to try Jorma Prime which are in a similar price bracket. Zensati are massively over-priced cables made from relatively cheap Taiwanese cable from Jinwei dressed up with fancy connectors. Zensati is also not a real company, Mark Johansen just puts them together in his garage. If you want to go Zensati, just look for Jinwei cables on Ebay for 1/10th the price.

Yes I am aware of the Jinwei scandal. I had tried their 12k interconnect before and found the VD RCA to beat it. but these speaker cables are seriously good.

As for the price unless they are really cheap I am not buying any of these yet, unless I get a great used deal on KS or Graditech. I haven't heard of Jorma in the UK, not sure if anyone can demo but will look for it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing