May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It just is......

:p

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I dunno...I think this is my favorite. I almost always make Mike L play this when I visit!

[video=dailymotion;x8nv30]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8nv30_led-zeppelin-in-my-time-of-dying-19_music[/video]

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Some nice secondary choices guys! Haha!:p

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I agree - Rain Song is my fav. I've never heard another song from any band with that mood/vibe. It's 100% unique.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Since I've been loving you. Hands down my fav. The blues, the whole blues and nothing but the blues.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZiN_NqT-Us

That is a very close second!

too many great songs to just pick one.

Plenty of great songs indeed, but The Rain Song is a special song to these ears and I have no hesitation in proclaiming its wonderfulness above the others.

I agree - Rain Song is my fav. I've never heard another song from any band with that mood/vibe. It's 100% unique.

What do they say in that movie; "I love you man!:)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Does anyone know why The Rain Song wasn't included on either the Mothership boxset or the Celebration Day boxset?

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
It just is......

:p

By the way, that "no quarter" video live in Marrakesh is to die for. Never get enough of playing "Four Sticks" really loud and wait for the rhythm section to kick in. This DVD is proof artistic merit of a recording trumps sound and video) quality any day of the week.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Does anyone know why The Rain Song wasn't included on either the Mothership boxset or the Celebration Day boxset?

Because Led Zep thought it was the worst song they had ever written. :p

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Because Led Zep thought it was the worst song they had ever written. :p

Goes to show that even they were wrong at times!:p

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I'm just yanking your chain John. I have no idea why it was left off those collections.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm just yanking your chain John. I have no idea why it was left off those collections.

I know you were.....it's a mystery to me. It's ok though, my HOTH album plays top-notch.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
they should of left of digital remastering too on that set. What was Jimmy thinking ?

And I think we can expect more of the same........

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Trust me, we better grab up all of the LPs while we can that are/were actually made from the original master tapes and not a digital copy of the master tapes.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I just went through all of my LP's and I'm happy with the condition of them, so I won't be buying into the new ones. All of mine are first or second press Canadian copies and are quite favourably looked upon from what I've read. The Classic versions are out of my reach, but I'm okay with that.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I just went through all of my LP's and I'm happy with the condition of them, so I won't be buying into the new ones. All of mine are first or second press Canadian copies and are quite favourably looked upon from what I've read. The Classic versions are out of my reach, but I'm okay with that.

This thread inspired me to play my Classic version of HOTH and I have to say this is one LP that I'd rather listen to in the car or a crappy system than my main rig - the recording quality is terrible.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing