Hi my name is Colin

Colin Wonfor

Mar 8, 2014
Lost in Space
Here in flooded Somerset UK.
I work for Tellurium Q, and work on electronics for them.
I love building my own audio kit, but find as I am getting older it takes to long.
I see there is some Brits on here already, now to enjoy your forum.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Welcome to the forum Colin :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Welcome Colin,
We'll try to avoid mentioning the cricket :) :)

LOL...when I was in academics, I worked with some Brits and Aussies, not to mention West Indians. They were pretty passionate about their cricket. Me, I never got it :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Here in flooded Somerset UK.
I work for Tellurium Q, and work on electronics for them.
I love building my own audio kit, but find as I am getting older it takes to long.
I see there is some Brits on here already, now to enjoy your forum.

Welcome Colin!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome Colin,

I actually enjoy watching a bit of cricket now and again, although I much prefer football (Go Holland Go).

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
LOL...when I was in academics, I worked with some Brits and Aussies, not to mention West Indians. They were pretty passionate about their cricket. Me, I never got it :)

Wst Indians are not as passionate anymore and it shows in the results (except for T20). We have moved on to Track and Field. LoL

Welcome Colin.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Colin Wonfor

Mar 8, 2014
Lost in Space
Hi All,

There is in my opinion only a few forums for Audio folk that are polite and friendly,after a year or so popping in and out of this one I decided to join or try to.
I have designed audio kit most of my life I started my my career as a chemist, I hated it. My Dad and Granddad were electronic design engineers and Granddad was very passionate about audio whilst my Dad loved TV. So Granddad an I would tinker with valves (tubes) in the shed (a old WW2 bomb shelter).

I was lucky my Dad got me a placement at a company that designed and manufactured electronic parts for the MOD, so I had a late training, I went on again to uni and enjoyed it. So audio was a hobby but I found a working passion for power supplies, eventually in 1982 I designed in my spare time the Magnum Audio range of amplifiers, manufactured by A.C.Magnum Ltd (UK) . These were more advanced type from the Pro-AC Magnums and MIH designs I did early in my fun audio days.

On to Inca Tech Gold outlet plugs and then the Claymore designs.
ICL Power supply designing for the not so portable computers.

From London to Somerset to design the TOCA range of products.

Designing freelance and working on MOD and huge DC power supplies, I moved to Scotland, life changed for the better there, I met my wife.
A short spell in the US at Crydom and borrowed from Hughes Micro Electronic to work on NASA and Boeing projects.

Having fell in love with Somerset we moved back, and for a new job deigning very low noise low frequency underwater kit. I then had a bad heart attack but recovered.

On to freelance designs to Naim, Cambridge Audio and bam another AH, this time open heart mechanics time.
Geoff and I had just started Tellurium Q it was only 6 month old, a scary time large investments of money and time and I am broken.

But hey I am here a TQ is doing OK well that the short boring bit over.

katylied

Sep 7, 2011
Torino (Turin) - Italy
Hi All,

I was selling the Incatech Claymore ..... how many years ago it was? End of 80s, early 90s?

Particapant

Apr 17, 2014
Hi All,

There is in my opinion only a few forums for Audio folk that are polite and friendly,after a year or so popping in and out of this one I decided to join or try to.
I have designed audio kit most of my life I started my my career as a chemist, I hated it. My Dad and Granddad were electronic design engineers and Granddad was very passionate about audio whilst my Dad loved TV. So Granddad an I would tinker with valves (tubes) in the shed (a old WW2 bomb shelter).

I was lucky my Dad got me a placement at a company that designed and manufactured electronic parts for the MOD, so I had a late training, I went on again to uni and enjoyed it. So audio was a hobby but I found a working passion for power supplies, eventually in 1982 I designed in my spare time the Magnum Audio range of amplifiers, manufactured by A.C.Magnum Ltd (UK) . These were more advanced type from the Pro-AC Magnums and MIH designs I did early in my fun audio days.

ICL Power supply designing for the not so portable computers.

From London to Somerset to design the TOCA range of products.

Designing freelance and working on MOD and huge DC power supplies, I moved to Scotland, life changed for the better there, I met my wife.
A short spell in the US at Crydom and borrowed from Hughes Micro Electronic to work on NASA and Boeing projects.

Having fell in love with Somerset we moved back, and for a new job deigning very low noise low frequency underwater kit. I then had a bad heart attack but recovered.

On to freelance designs to Naim, Cambridge Audio and bam another AH, this time open heart mechanics time.
Geoff and I had just started Tellurium Q it was only 6 month old, a scary time large investments of money and time and I am broken.

But hey I am here a TQ is doing OK well that the short boring bit over.

And we're glad to see you here, and we look forward to you sharing more about your work and designs, should you feel so inclined. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing