Entreq Tellus grounding

gilles13

Dec 17, 2015
south of France
On my 2 classe DR9 bridged (800 watts 4 ohms) it's written not to ground.
So I have put each negative output chanel on an independant ground box.
There is no ground pole and the amp is painted/coated.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
On my 2 classe DR9 bridged (800 watts 4 ohms) it's written not to ground.
So I have put each negative output chanel on an independant ground box.
There is no ground pole and the amp is painted/coated.

Thanks and good to know. if we go this way, i will check with manufacturers/distributors directly.

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
I am a fairly recent adopter of Entreq grounding. It started with a purchase of the original Tellus second hand. Guess I was curious and thought that this is a fairly cheap experiment to satisfy my curiosity. I started with normal copper wires after acquiring that Tellus. The effect was not bad...smooth presentation, a lowered noise floor that allowed more details and nuances to come through. However I found the soundstage too laid back for my liking. I started reading this very Long thread and took the next step by ordering Apollo eartha and Everest knobs. This restored the soundstage, improving on details and increased dynamics. I quite like this improvement and am now contemplating the next step. My dealer told me that the Poseidon and Olympus range has a differing presentation and may overcook dynamics given my listening preferences and the relatively small apartments that we live in here. I Guess I would like to ground all my components and keep digital separated from the rest of the chain and am leaning towards Poseidon or the Tellus 2. Open to hearing suggestions from more experienced users here.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I am a fairly recent adopter of Entreq grounding. It started with a purchase of the original Tellus second hand. Guess I was curious and thought that this is a fairly cheap experiment to satisfy my curiosity. I started with normal copper wires after acquiring that Tellus. The effect was not bad...smooth presentation, a lowered noise floor that allowed more details and nuances to come through. However I found the soundstage too laid back for my liking. I started reading this very Long thread and took the next step by ordering Apollo eartha and Everest knobs. This restored the soundstage, improving on details and increased dynamics. I quite like this improvement and am now contemplating the next step. My dealer told me that the Poseidon and Olympus range has a differing presentation and may overcook dynamics given my listening preferences and the relatively small apartments that we live in here. I Guess I would like to ground all my components and keep digital separated from the rest of the chain and am leaning towards Poseidon or the Tellus 2. Open to hearing suggestions from more experienced users here.

Hi
Glad to hear of the improvements to the sound of your system as a result of trying Entreq grounding.
As you will have seen from my previous posts I have been very pleased with the Entreq products in my system.
The Poseidon and Tellus II are obvious additions to consider. I have the former but have not heard the TellusII. From past experience I am sure that what Entreq say about he latter can be relied upon and merits serious consideration.
I suggest you need to consider whether your priority is to complete the grounding of the sources in your system or to ground the amp negative speaker terminals which I and others find very effective. If you were to do the latter I would advise you to try the Poseidon which would still enable you to ground the amp/preamp as well. The alternative of grounding more components would point to the Silver Tellus.
As for earth cables there are system dependency issues which you can only resolve by experimentation but I have found the Apllo is very good and works in most systems.
You don't say what your system is so difficult to be too specific but hope that is helpful.

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
Thanks and good to know. if we go this way, i will check with manufacturers/distributors directly.

Hi
Glad to hear of the improvements to the sound of your system as a result of trying Entreq grounding.
As you will have seen from my previous posts I have been very pleased with the Entreq products in my system.
The Poseidon and Tellus II are obvious additions to consider. I have the former but have not heard the TellusII. From past experience I am sure that what Entreq say about he latter can be relied upon and merits serious consideration.
I suggest you need to consider whether your priority is to complete the grounding of the sources in your system or to ground the amp negative speaker terminals which I and others find very effective. If you were to do the latter I would advise you to try the Poseidon which would still enable you to ground the amp/preamp as well. The alternative of grounding more components would point to the Silver Tellus.
As for earth cables there are system dependency issues which you can only resolve by experimentation but I have found the Apllo is very good and works in most systems.
You don't say what your system is so difficult to be too specific but hope that is helpful.
l

Thanks Barry for your opinion. I understand that Poseidon / Olympus sounds different from Tellus / silver Tellus with the former offering a more forward and punchy presentation while the Tellus tends to be more relaxed and laidback. My experiment adding the Everest knobs brought that laidback presentation a bit more forward and suits my preferences. I have a suspicion that a Poseidon may overcook this aspect. My current system comprise of aurender w20 / lampi GG / arc ref 6 pre and dagostino momentum amp. Speakers giya G3.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
l

Thanks Barry for your opinion. I understand that Poseidon / Olympus sounds different from Tellus / silver Tellus with the former offering a more forward and punchy presentation while the Tellus tends to be more relaxed and laidback. My experiment adding the Everest knobs brought that laidback presentation a bit more forward and suits my preferences. I have a suspicion that a Poseidon may overcook this aspect. My current system comprise of aurender w20 / lampi GG / arc ref 6 pre and dagostino momentum amp. Speakers giya G3.

You obviously have a very good system as it stands but I am pretty sure it will still benefit from further Entreq upgrades.
Yes I can see where you are coming from so some further thoughts based on my experiences.
It's a while since I first installed my Poseidon to ground the negative speaker terminals and the amp itself and it did as you have been advised produce a more punchy and forward presentation but it wasn't at the expense of musicality. Rather it let more of the music come through with more resolution and improved soundstage but that was with my Vitus 025 SIA amp which is probably less forward sounding than your D'Agostino. I wouldn't expect,however, the Arc Ref 6 to allow any undue forwardness so still think the Poseidon would be well worth trying if your dealer will let you try before you buy and yes I too have found the Everests to be a good buy.The choice of earth cables could also be a significant factor in how a Poseidon would sound in your system
My most recent addition was an Olympus Tellus to replace a Silver Tellus, an Atlantis Tellus and two Silver Minimus. but obviously a more expensive option in the short term. Has made a significant improvement and a really good buy. The mains earthing that you get with it does make a difference and the system now is so quiet and free from background noise. I mention it because you said you live in an apartment which is very likely to suffer more from mains pollution.
The best way forward assuming you have a helpful dealer would be to try some different options in the home and see what works best.It's virtually impossible to decide without trying. I would certainly advise you to suspend judgement until you can actually experience the different options in your system and not to rush into a particular choice.
Do keep us posted on how things go as it will help others travelling the Entreq road.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Thanks Paolo and a happy new year to you.
The Olympus is proving a great start to my new year and your recommendation to upgrade the earth cables to Atlantis for the Poseidon/amp negative speaker terminals has proved to be a really worthwhile upgrade.

Hi Barry,
having at disposal a total of 4 connectors on 2 Poseidons, I tried to split on 2 different connectors the 2 spades of Atlantis cables for both negative speaker terminals of my Amplifier.

to clarify:

IMG_4873-re.jpg

soundstage and body have further improved, as well as better identification of instruments on very complex tacks. Further small increase in the third dimension.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks paolo.
That is interesting. Haven't heard of that application before but the proof of the pudding is in the eating as we say and good to hear that it has further benefitted your system.
My Olympus is now well settled in and very happy with the improvements. The music emerges from a completely silent and black background with an additional purity and body, Listening to some older CDs yesterday evening did however expose a downside which I suppose I should but didn't expect. In particular it exposed the deficiencies of some of those earlier recordings but with good recordings,eg a DCC 24k CCR Bayou County, there was no downside at all and it sounded very good.
Not really noticed that before with the earlier Entreq additions. The mains earth lead on the Olympus is currently an an Apollo and I suspect upgrading to an Atlantis would be more likely to make that more apparent than to improve it, but will let you know at a later stage when I upgrade the lead to an Atlantis earth. What is on the CD is what is on the CD for good or bad.
I recently played some vinyl and the Paul Simon Graceland LP had a new intimacy and realism. The nuances and inflexions of the vocals came through so much more clearly with a real feeling of being there. It is impressive how well such an old technology continues to perform but I also very much enjoy good digital reproduction.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
My Olympus is now well settled in and very happy with the improvements. The music emerges from a completely silent and black background with an additional purity and body,

That's great!!!

The mains earth lead on the Olympus is currently an an Apollo and I suspect upgrading to an Atlantis would be more likely to make that more apparent than to improve it, but will let you know at a later stage when I upgrade the lead to an Atlantis earth. What is on the CD is what is on the CD for good or bad.

I have the feeling that the mix of different types of cable is not productive. I mean Atlantis need all Atlantis cables and viceversa for Apollos.

I recently played some vinyl and the Paul Simon Graceland LP had a new intimacy and realism. The nuances and inflexions of the vocals came through so much more clearly with a real feeling of being there. It is impressive how well such an old technology continues to perform but I also very much enjoy good digital reproduction.

I strongly suggest you to have a look on HiRes digital files using a Computer Based System (if you still not tried it).
Dynamic, detail and natural sound are dramatically emphasized on CBS by the addition of Entreq's grounding boxes.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks for that.
Yes upgrading all the earth cables on my Poseidon to Atlantis certainly proved beneficial so it will be interesting to see if I get the same result with the Olympus mains earth cable.
I'm more comfortable with physical media than with downloads although I do have some hirez downloads which do sound very good indeed. As you say I should really try some more and the Scarlatti clock has the requisite facilities.
I recently took out a subscription to HFNRR with the bribe of a free Audioquest Jitterbug so an added incentive to modernise!

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Followers of Entreq and Vitus SIA 025 might like to check out the bonzo75 thread started earlier today Berning Quadrature................
The system used for the comparison was my heavily entrequed Vitus system.
FWIW

Fiddle Faddle

Aug 7, 2015
Australia
Followers of Entreq and Vitus SIA 025 might like to check out the bonzo75 thread started earlier today Berning Quadrature................
FWIW

Dutifully inserting the mandatory Entreq plug ;) :

"This was my third visit to Barry’s and his system has really improved since the last visit. He used to have a bright edge to his sound but that has now gone, so his system is sounding much more musical. He attributes a large part of that improvement to his Entreq."

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Dutifully inserting the mandatory Entreq plug ;) :

"This was my third visit to Barry’s and his system has really improved since the last visit. He used to have a bright edge to his sound but that has now gone, so his system is sounding much more musical. He attributes a large part of that improvement to his Entreq."

Thanks Jonathan.
Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
The system used for the comparison was my heavily entrequed Vitus system.
FWIW
Great report, congrats to you and Kedar, very appreciated.
I am very intrigued to compare them to Spectral.
BTW, great system Barry!!!

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
Has anyone tried the Tellus 2? wonder how different it is compared to other boxes.

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
yeah I was initially thinking of posseidon but thought the tellus 2 to be a viable consideration - its smaller and I can get 2 to separate all components connected. That appeals as well. I also think that the tellus 2 signature is not different from my current tellus while posseidon may represent something very different instead.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Yes that makes sense.
I have a Poseidon to ground the amp and the negative speaker terminals which works very well.
Keep us posted and let us know how it goes

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
a few months back Jazzhead suggested to me to add Atlantic Minimus's to my Poseidon so I've decided to order 3 of them. not sure how long it might take to get them as unlikely they stock those in the US.

I'm using the 2 outside Poseidon boxes for the negative speaker terminals with the Eartha Atlantis cables, and the middle box is connected to the bass amps in my active bass towers with 2 long Eartha Konstantine cables.

I just figured I'm looking for that last little bit of whole system performance. connecting those bass towers caused some sort of magical leap with my bass performance and I want more of that stuff.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
a few months back Jazzhead suggested to me to add Atlantic Minimus's to my Poseidon so I've decided to order 3 of them. not sure how long it might take to get them as unlikely they stock those in the US.

I'm using the 2 outside Poseidon boxes for the negative speaker terminals with the Eartha Atlantis cables, and the middle box is connected to the bass amps in my active bass towers with 2 long Eartha Konstantine cables.

I just figured I'm looking for that last little bit of whole system performance. connecting those bass towers caused some sort of magical leap with my bass performance and I want more of that stuff.

I agree - your system needs working on :rolleyes:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing