What is new in my music library? (recent purchases I enjoy)

I recently bought all of the Speakers Corner Mercury Living Presence re-issues. Any one have any experience with these ?

I have the box of CDs...I do like quite a number of them. As my front-end has improved over the last 12 months, I have found my system continues to dig more out of these. I think Channel Classics Rachel Podger is still a recording level I prefer, but even playing them back to back, it takes only about 15-30 seconds for my ear to adjust and settle in to enjoy the music.

Smash

patricia-barber-smash.jpg

Very well recorded by Jim Anderson.

Miles at the Fillmore - 4 cd's
Everly Bros five lp's + - 4 cd's

Susanne Abbuehl: The Gift
Ketil Bjørnstad: La Notte
Ralph Towner: Travel Guide
Colin Vallon: Le Vent
John Abercrombie Quartet: 39 Steps

Just ordered the Japanese LP of Steve Winwood - Nine Lives (love the CD) from Amazon UK.

So where's everyones' Record Store day phat lewts??

Here's mine. My dealer threw in a free t-shirt since I'm a pretty solid customer of his. :)

RSD April 2014.jpg

Best was the guy in line next to us marveling that anyone would spend $2,500 on a cartridge :D

Haha! When I laughed, he said "Oh oh. You must own one of those, huh? My record player cost me $400." But he had a bigger pile of LPs than you and I put together.

Batik; The Old Man and the Sea

my latest download;

the new album ''The Old Man and the Sea"' is maybe their best effort yet.
Highly recommended.

Batik%20Hoes%20200%20shadow%20v3.png

http://www.soundliaison.com/products-from-our-studio-showcase-series/109-batik

And my new reference music now definitely includes the music from the Sound Liaison label.
I believe it was on the Naim forum I saw a member describe the music as´´like buying milk from a farmer,straight non pasteurized´´
Sound Liaison are selling their own recordings,and is all done in house,recording,mixing,and even selling the music.
the files are one to one copies of the Studio Master straight from the desk,and you can listen to the music before you buy which I find a big plus.
I have got the beautiful ´Thousand Shades of Blue´ from Carmen Gomes inc.
and ´Road to Memphis from Paul Berner Band.

Haha! When I laughed, he said "Oh oh. You must own one of those, huh? My record player cost me $400." But he had a bigger pile of LPs than you and I put together.

Whoever owns the most records wins!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing