Zanden 1200 Mk2 vs Mk3

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
Hello,
could any of you directly compare these two versions?
Some people report that the Mk2 is not so good on dynamics and bass power and control. Is there a change in this regards from Mk2 to Mk3?
Thanks very much for any informations
Balazs

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Please note that a 1200 Signature has just been launched.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
Yes, I indeed know about the new Signature.
Maybe let me ask my question in that way: if the 1200Mk2 had some weaknesses in bass and dynamics, is the 1200Mk3 really better in this regards, maybe even as good as in the phenomenal other sonic qualities?
Or is the new Signature version another step forward in these qualities vs. the 1200Mk3 (fand the 1200Mk2)?

I haven’t heard the Mk3 (or even the Signature) yet, and I like the 1200Mk2 very much, just the above mentioned things could be better.

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
I’ve heard them all. Mk2 and Mk3 in my system and in several other’s systems, and Signature recently in my friend’s system. The difference between Mk2 and Mk3 isn’t that great. A moderate increase in clarity, transparency and dynamics and bass is slightly more controlled. Signature on the other hand is another story. More control and speed, even deeper soundstage and timbral naturalness to die for.

None of them has any problems in the bass or dynamics or to be more precise, I haven’t heard a system with the 1200 in any incarnation that would have such “problems”.

Last edited:
Reactions: CKKeung

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Mk2 did lack air and clarity. It was also soft sounding, i.e. had very little authority. It sounds like Mk3 is moving in the right direction. Albeit gradually?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing