Yikes - Audio Research has NO tubes for sale.

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
When I've spoken to Audio Research before, they've always had a good amount of tubes on hand, but I called them for another reason this morning (April 11) and asked and they told me they currently have no tubes for sale.

They are hoping an agreement that was recently reached will allow Russian tubes to start flowing again, but as of now they have none.

So if you have ARC gear, you may want to tone down your listening habits for the moment, or search for another source.

(Like many companies, they do have tubes to be able to keep making product, but not enough to sell any replacements.)

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Surprising how small the world really is.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Many retailers still have them in stock, but they reserve them for their customers - they will ask for the serial number or invoice of the equipment.

Don C

Jul 20, 2013
USA
Time to reconsider warm tube-like solid state gear.

I always thought newer ARC gear was more SS sounding than their older gear from late 80’s and early 90’s.

The older gear runs on still available NOS tubes.

tuber

Nov 22, 2021
I got my ARC tubes a couple weeks ago. Seems like the supply issues are resolved, for now anyway.

Reactions: BillK

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
It's funny, the Internet sites I used to buy tubes when ARC was sold out are now sold out themselves. :confused:

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
Just as an update:

Audio Research told me again that they still have no replacement tubes for sale.

All tubes they can source are going into building products.

gadawg58

Apr 7, 2018
I’ve been able to source 6H30 tubes from a couple of places lately. Seems like they are available at other resellers.

George

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing