YG introduces Hailey 2 Series

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Hailey 2 delivers the lifelike natural sound of YG Acoustics’ Sonja flagship, at a price that is accessible to a wider audience within the ultra-high-end. The technologies of Hailey 2 mirror those of Sonja 2, using equally stunning industrial design, and the same world-class precision-manufacturing, now including the revolutionary technology of the BilletDome Tweeter and the ViseCoil Bass Inductors. The result is astonishing sonic performance – unequaled, with the exception of the flagship itself – in a gorgeous marvel of engineering and craftsmanship. Hailey 2 – spectacular sonics, timelessly elegant form, pure harmony.

More information here:
https://www.yg-acoustics.com/product/hailey-series

Ours should be delivered sometime later this month, can't wait!

pke10000

Jan 22, 2018
When I listened Heiley1 and Sonja1 first time, I thought those were so sharp to me.

When I heard Sonja XV last year, it was amazing but I had to stand up because it was so tall even I was at 4 meters distance. I thought it was not for home user, maybe for castle.

When I heard Sonja2, I was surprised so good. How it bacame better! I remember it was one of the best sounding I've ever heard.

I compared it with upgraded Heiley1, which used new mid woofer without naming change. I thought it was still sharp, there was many gap between Sonja2.

When I heard Heiley2, I had to ask is it Heiley? Not Sonja? It was almost similar to Sonja2. Of course Sonja2 has lager scale and more layers feeling like as waves of the sea. But Heiley2 was extremly good.

I don't know how much YG increased the price. But anyway I'm sure Heiley2 is an ultimate high end.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I think the 2.2 is way more expensive at around $ 70k if I am not wrong.

The retail price of the Hailey 2.2 is $46,800.

Reactions: CKKeung

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
When I listened Heiley1 and Sonja1 first time, I thought those were so sharp to me.

When I heard Sonja XV last year, it was amazing but I had to stand up because it was so tall even I was at 4 meters distance. I thought it was not for home user, maybe for castle.

When I heard Sonja2, I was surprised so good. How it bacame better! I remember it was one of the best sounding I've ever heard.

I compared it with upgraded Heiley1, which used new mid woofer without naming change. I thought it was still sharp, there was many gap between Sonja2.

When I heard Heiley2, I had to ask is it Heiley? Not Sonja? It was almost similar to Sonja2. Of course Sonja2 has lager scale and more layers feeling like as waves of the sea. But Heiley2 was extremly good.

I don't know how much YG increased the price. But anyway I'm sure Heiley2 is an ultimate high end.

YG can sound sharp when not properly set up.. All you heard when you say sharp was an improper set up

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Love YG, but "accessible" is somewhat humorous descriptor for how much it costs- 47k I believe

When you know you've been in the audiophile thing too long and you start calling sub $50k things accessible....

Reactions: bonzo75

pke10000

Jan 22, 2018
YG can sound sharp when not properly set up.. All you heard when you say sharp was an improper set up

As your logic, we cannot say anything... There are so many solutions and tweaks in audio. $100 speaker would be better than $100k speaker as a setting.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
As your logic, we cannot say anything... There are so many solutions and tweaks in audio. $100 speaker would be better than $100k speaker as a setting.

No I mean sometimes in audio shows it can appear bright. To listen, we need to visit a dealer or audiophile who knows well that particular brand, or listen to it across multiple rooms to understand what a component does

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
If the Hailey 2.2's give you most of the sound of the Sonja 2.2's for $30k less, they offer good high end value. The YG's are terrific speakers & have excellent build quality, but due to their transparency and resolution, need to be carefully matched with upstream gear and set up as Bonzo noted earlier.

I wonder if the Magico S5 Mk2's + SPods for circa $6k less would play at the same level? The specs on paper look similar, though I would imagine the S5's twin 10's would give them an edge in the bass. Audiophiles can't help comparing gear :D.

Last edited:

pke10000

Jan 22, 2018
No I mean sometimes in audio shows it can appear bright. To listen, we need to visit a dealer or audiophile who knows well that particular brand, or listen to it across multiple rooms to understand what a component does

I think your saying is something strange.

I said old YG's was sharp and new YG's improved it better. It is just my feeling. If another man says nwe one is too smooth, no fun, .... it is just his feeling, I have no complain.

But you are saying all negative feelings are caused by wrong settings. Not only in this thread but also other thread.

You are saying we have to ignore audio show and have to visit a dealer or audiophile who knows well about the gear and listen at multiple rooms.....
If you really do it, I admire your passion and effort. But it is impossible to general user.
Let assume we find out an old expert of western electric who studied for 30 yesrs. I'll ask him about WE. But if I want to buy Heiley2, there is no one to study for 30 years, and I cannot ask it to old yg user because I already know new one is different with old one. What should I do?

Your saying looks true. But not possible in real world.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
I listened to this speaker on December last year in Seoul, Korea.

It was driven by Viola monoblocks from MSB Select without pre.

The sound is balanced not bright or dull either with excellent soundstage.

But it does not have enough dynamics to match my Lansche 4.1.

It is not my cup of tea.

It will be good for small listening room.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
It will be possible. Contact your local dealer for more info :)

chuck

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego

I own Sonja XV but don't own a castle. Modest size room 15x20. I've listened to a lot of other speakers in various rooms but to me these are the best. If the Sonja XV are only for castles, I think YG would have mentioned that.

pke10000

Jan 22, 2018
I own Sonja XV but don't own a castle. Modest size room 15x20. I've listened to a lot of other speakers in various rooms but to me these are the best. If the Sonja XV are only for castles, I think YG would have mentioned that.

Wow~ Nice !
I think your room size is enough to challenge to XV.
Please don't care my word "Castle", it was just my feeling at a place.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I listened to this speaker on December last year in Seoul, Korea.

It was driven by Viola monoblocks from MSB Select without pre.

The sound is balanced not bright or dull either with excellent soundstage.

But it does not have enough dynamics to match my Lansche 4.1.

It is not my cup of tea.

It will be good for small listening room.

It was really bad sounding to me driven by viola symphony, and in that same room swapped over the Luxman m900u and much better.

But yeah, I wouldn't change over from the Lansche for YG

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing