YG announces the Sonja XV

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
From the Stereophile CES report:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/yg-acoustics’-15th-anniversary-speaker

"In its main room, YG was making great-sounding music with its Sonja 1.3 speakers ($106,800/pair), driven by a Boulder music server and amplification via Kubala-Sosna cables. I had loved the Sonja 1.3 when I reviewed it for our July 2013 issue, but the big news at CES was the Sonja XV, one channel of which was on passive display in a side room. A four-tower system, with the midrange and tweeter tower resembling a '1.3 on steroids and intended to celebrate the Colorado company’s forthcoming 15th anniversary, the 'XV will be priced at a whopping $265,900/system.
The components for a full system takes 240 hours of CNC machine time to make, starting with aircraft-grade aluminum stock, and features eight 10.25” BilletCore woofers, six 7.25” BilletCore mid-woofers, four BilletCore midrange units, and two Forge-Core tweeters. Owners of Sonja 1.3s will be able to have their speakers upgraded to XV status for the price difference between the two models."

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I heard about this a few months ago but was subject of embargo as far as discussing it in public. Was hoping it was in regular suites so I could hear it. Sounds like it was a static demo?

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yes, one channel only, static demo shown behind closed doors, in the main YG room.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing