Wilson Loke

carl13

Feb 6, 2020
#L?K? is an all-in-one, simple setup, and easy-to-manage subwoofer solution. Incorporated into L?K?’s built-in amp are the most utilized functions from Wilson Audio’s acclaimed ActivXO® Dual Subwoofer Crossover, including such key parameters as crossover frequency, crossover slope, phase, and level.
Loke.jpg

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest

from launch email:

"L?K? is an all-in-one, simple to setup, and easy to manage subwoofer solution. Incorporated into L?K?’s built-in amp are the most utilized functions from Wilson Audio’s acclaimed ActivXO® Dual Subwoofer Crossover, including such key parameters as crossover frequency, crossover slope, phase, and level."

Wilson's smallest subwoofer. Targeted for their smaller speakers: Tune Tot, SabrinaX, Yvette and Sasha DAW. Colors to match.

10" driver
500 W amp

$8,750

e19c7253-df3a-b4df-a05d-7db29a47f167.jpg

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Sorry but, who spends 90% of your mains' cost on a subwoofer? 2 subs are ~$7k more than the monitors.

Also, I had to laugh at the advert stating, "including such key parameters as crossover frequency, crossover slope, phase, and level." Breaking ground right there. ;-)

Reactions: wil

zitas

Dec 19, 2021
well, i am positively surprised about the price and plan on a pair for the sabrinaX.
should give a killer system as the only thing missing with the sabrinas are the lowest octaves.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Definitely seems to cause a purchasing dilemma.

Buy a pair of Sabrinas and a sub or a pair of Yvettes.
Buy a pair of Yvettes and a pair of subs or pair of Sasha DAW

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Anyone want to call out the elephant in the room? $9k for 1: 10" sub? For around the same price folks might want to consider one of these
f212v2-FLT.jpg
Or 2 of these

f110v2-FLT.jpg

Reactions: wil and slowGEEZR

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Anyone want to call out the elephant in the room? $9k for 1: 10" sub? For around the same price folks might want to consider one of these
View attachment 90203
Or 2 of these

View attachment 90204

Thanks for calling out the elephant in the room. I'd be surprised if the Loke beats out our JL Audio subs.

Paying a few thousand extra for color matching makes no sense to me.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
I am sure the Wilson cabinet is better constructed (X-material) etc. but as sbo6 pointed out...

Fortunately for Wilson I think a lot of people who buy their (or any) speakers aren't like us. They are people who go to a stereo store to buy a system and they will get what the sales person directs them toward. We are the 0.1%ers who keep up with every nuance of this crazy industry.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I am sure the Wilson cabinet is better constructed (X-material) etc. but as sbo6 pointed out...

Possibly, even though the cabinet of the JL Audios is already very rigid -- vibrations are pretty minimal. Yet progress with a system never hinges on just any one single parameter. While cabinet rigidity is important, other factors also decide about a tight and articulate bass. My recent acquisition of better power cables (post #710 in thread) was important for better bass as well. That included better power cords for the subwoofers themselves, better ones for the amplification, and importantly, even a better one for the DAC, as I describe in the link.

If I had to choose between a JL Audio sub plus better power cables for it and the system or, for the same price, a subwoofer with even better cabinet rigidity, I would know what to choose, based on my experience.

Fortunately for Wilson I think a lot of people who buy their (or any) speakers aren't like us. They are people who go to a stereo store to buy a system and they will get what the sales person directs them toward. We are the 0.1%ers who keep up with every nuance of this crazy industry.

You make a good point.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Thanks for calling out the elephant in the room. I'd be surprised if the Loke beats out our JL Audio subs.

Paying a few thousand extra for color matching makes no sense to me.

I own two JL Audio F113 mk2. Properly tuned they sound really great with the XLF - I posted about it in the past. More recently I got a single Wilson WatchDog passive subwoofer, a Wilson Watch controller (active crossover with phase, level and a variable frequecny and Q parametric equalizer) and a Theta Dreadnaught amplifier. Used with the XLF, the Wislon Watchdog sounds better to my ears and a few friends ears than the JL Audios - it blends better with the mains.

I know subwoofers are not made to be tapped with the finger knots. But if I tap the JLAudio I listen something like a boxy "pock, pock" . If I tap the Wilson Watchdog I get a more dry "peck, peck" sound. The JLAudio is a closed box subwoofer , the Wilson is a vented subwoofer, like the XLF. Probably these are some of the reasons why I prefer the Wilson Watchdog.

Reactions: zitas and carl13

zitas

Dec 19, 2021
Fortunately for Wilson I think a lot of people who buy their (or any) speakers aren't like us. They are people who go to a stereo store to buy a system and they will get what the sales person directs them toward.
quite the opposit is the case. most customers already are focused on a particular wilson model before they walk into the shop.

zitas

Dec 19, 2021
I own two JL Audio F113 mk2. Properly tuned they sound really great with the XLF - I posted about it in the past. More recently I got a single Wilson WatchDog passive subwoofer, a Wilson Watch controller (active crossover with phase, level and a variable frequecny and Q parametric equalizer) and a Theta Dreadnaught amplifier. Used with the XLF, the Wislon Watchdog sounds better to my ears and a few friends ears than the JL Audios - it blends better with the mains.

I know subwoofers are not made to be tapped with the finger knots. But if I tap the JLAudio I listen something like a boxy "pock, pock" . If I tap the Wilson Watchdog I get a more dry "peck, peck" sound. The JLAudio is a closed box subwoofer , the Wilson is a vented subwoofer, like the XLF. Probably these are some of the reasons why I prefer the Wilson Watchdog.
i did compare the watch dogs with the rel subwovers (tripple stack).
watch dogs so much better, dry, clean and perfectly integrated.
rel has impressive bass but it is woofy compared.

viva loke, going to demo them next week:)

Reactions: carl13 and tima

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I'll keep my 2 JL f112v2 subs with CR-1...

Years ago I had 2 WatchDog subs... I like the JL Audio subs better....

Reactions: sbo6

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Reactions: Bruce B

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I'll keep my 2 JL f112v2 subs with CR-1...

Years ago I had 2 WatchDog subs... I like the JL Audio subs better....
IME for true high - fidelity bass / sub - bass I haven't heard a ported sub I like. I'd rather go the Magico / JLA sub route than the Wilson / whatever ported subs commonly good for HT.

Daverich4

May 8, 2020

That’s certainly not the reason I chose to purchase my Sasha II’s. In fact, no interaction with a sales person at all after the system was set up so I could audition them.

Reactions: carl13

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing