Who is your favourite female singer?

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
First of all, thanks to Steve for creating this sub-forum section within the What's Best in Music forum. Now on to my question.

I make no excuses for it, but I simply adore the sound of the female voice in music. I have many more solo female recordings as opposed to male ones. I do not honestly know why this so, or where it began, but my love for them continues.

One of my favourite singers of all-time is Rickie Lee Jones, followed closely by Anita Baker, Nina Simone and Edith Piaf. I am also most impressed with Norah Jones, Amy Winehouse, Sade, Dolores O'Riordon and Annie Lennox to name but a few.

What are some of yours or do you even like female singers?

John
Also a sucker for female vocals. The late, legendary jazz singer Nancy Wilson is my all time favorite. Also love Ella Fitzgerald, Nnenna Frelon, and soprano Janai Brugger.

Attachments

• 618bixCbqpL.jpg
    618bixCbqpL.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 71Ie6NL5CDL._SL1193_.jpg
    71Ie6NL5CDL._SL1193_.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 1
  • 6167fGP1TxL._SL1051_.jpg
    6167fGP1TxL._SL1051_.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 51pVWbEGDML.jpg
    51pVWbEGDML.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 714jI5nXjnL._SL1425_.jpg
    714jI5nXjnL._SL1425_.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Last edited:

unboxed

Apr 24, 2017
I have read all 8 pages and do no think I saw any mention of Laurie Anderson. While some of her albums are incoherent to me and virtually inaccessible, others I find at the top of my list of all-time favorites. The recording quality is also excellent.

"Strange Angels"
"Life on a String"
"Live in New York"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing