What's Spinning Tonight?

A new discovery for me available in Qobuz and I think The General may have a copy on vinyl if you’re quick.

Wife left the house for a few hours yesterday so I played some things very loud that she does not like. Best part is I finally got my VTA spot on and eliminated 98% of all surface noise. Of course it helps that I used my record cleaning machine, another noise my wife does not like.

3 of Iggy Pop's early LP's and one mid career one.

Early Bruce Springsteen LP.

Neil Young, Rust never sleeps

Supertramp, Breakfast in America.

I have not played any of these in ages, they were all much better recorded and sounding than I've ever heard before, almost missed the old grunge.

Pink Floyd, The Wall.

Pristine copy from my wife's collection, unplayed for 30-40 years and just washed with No. 6 fluid and rinsed in distilled water, all sucked up with record cleaning machine and waived in front of an Ionic Breeze to rid of static post washing. 20200507_205409.jpg

Last edited:

Reactions: jackelsson
Also worth a blast, a freebie compilation from Q Magazine from 25 years ago but you can find on ebay / discogs etc. The Thunder track in particular is guaranteed to clear the cobwebs!

FF4B643D-8190-4121-B591-5F63EF51A126.jpeg

The Artist (Formerly Known As Prince) ?– Emancipation - 1996 - best 2019 reissue imo - 3 hours spread over 6LP's of smile on face pleasure for the very first time on vinyl.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing