What is 5G?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
When it comes to faster communication networks China is the leader.

Some countries banned 5G technology, in parts of Europe, USA, ...
In Canada they are not sure yet; some oppose some don't.
It created a big conflict recently between Canada, USA and China. You probably like I have read about it; it is serious.
Some people are afraid, some people will go to great lengths to protect their interest...security and financial goals.
It's like a secret world of spies in the cyber sky. Anyway ...
I'm not proud of what happened not long ago in Vancouver with the arrest of an important young Chinese woman CFO.
China had retaliated in similar fashion with the arrest of thirteen Canadiens, without giving good reasons or supposedly for security matters (pure fabricated fantasy). The world doesn't work in mysterious ways; for every action there is a reaction.

There is no question that 5G is much faster; almost quickening light fast like teleportation (futuristic humor touch).
I love sci-fi flicks, I also love sci-fi reality.

Artificial Intelligence; we have already pierced the envelope of its threshold...we're in it.
Technologies in communication, space, entertainment, telescopic visions, microscopic audio, renewed energies, electric & electronic, climate analysis, etc., are faster taking over old technologies; oil, gas, pollution, contamination, toxicity, hazardous materials, barbaric principles, destructive humanity behaviors, ...all that prehistoric jazz.

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I'm not convinced we need anymore speed. The way I see it is every ten feet there will be a fake tree, and at best it's just going to make E.coli grow like crazy. (cell phones already make it reproduce faster)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thanks for that info Bob

I found it very interesting and was interested that ATT will roll it out in select cities later this year and 49% in the USA by 2025 will be 5G

Wow

The world changes so quickly now as I'm betting that someone is working on 6G by now

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
When it comes to faster communication networks China is the leader.

Some countries banned 5G technology, in parts of Europe, USA, ...
In Canada they are not sure yet; some oppose some don't.
It created a big conflict recently between Canada, USA and China. You probably like I have read about it; it is serious.
Some people are afraid, some people will go to great lengths to protect their interest...security and financial goals.
It's like a secret world of spies in the cyber sky. Anyway ...
I'm not proud of what happened not long ago in Vancouver with the arrest of an important young Chinese woman CEO.
China had retaliated in similar fashion with the arrest of thirteen Canadiens, without giving good reasons or supposedly for security matters (pure fabricated fantasy). The world doesn't work in mysterious ways; for every action there is a reaction.

There is no question that 5G is much faster; almost quickening light fast like teleportation (futuristic humor touch).
I love sci-fi flicks, I also love sci-fi reality.

Artificial Intelligence; we have already pierce the envelope of its threshold...we're in it.
Technologies in communication, space, entertainment, telescopic visions, microscopic audio, renewed energies, electric & electronic, climate analysis, etc., are faster taking over old technologies; oil, gas, pollution, contamination, toxicity, hazardous materials, barbaric principles, destructive humanity behaviors, ...all that prehistoric jazz.

The arrested Chinese woman is the Huawei CFO and daughter of the founder.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The arrested Chinese woman is the Huawei CFO and daughter of the founder.

I know, I followed that case from the very beginning and very closely with everything else related to it, a bit like when I watched 'Making a Murderer' two Seasons on Netflix and 'The Staircase'.

What is sad in that case of the Huawei CFO woman is that she was @ the Vancouver airport, Canada, when she was arrested and had to go to the hospital first for high blood pressure, heart failure. China is very unhappy with her arrest in Canada. And I too am unhappy with Canada in this case.

We need to improve our relations with other countries, what we do in our own first.

Last edited:

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
I gather 5G is very placement sensitive --more so than 4G--so expect to see lots of ugly (possibly) boxes up polls/on sides of your house/etc on and around your neighbourhood.

The Times there are a Changin!:p

BruceD

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I wonder if the average Joe on the street gives a toss about the possible long-term health impact of massively increased radiation from 5G towers vs 4G, and the fact they will be literally installed everywhere?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I wonder if the average Joe on the street gives a toss about the possible long-term health impact of massively increased radiation from 5G towers vs 4G, and the fact they will be literally installed everywhere?

Conscientious people do. Canadians? Sometimes I just don't know anymore if they are just like anyone else. It scares me, but then I'm looking @ a bunch of other things and nothing can scare me anymore. Wise people ban 5G Huawei in their countries, Canada is not sure...they need more data collection to realize the impact. The cold of the North makes their brain slow to react.
5G can perhaps make their brain melt a little faster? ...Geez.

Last edited:

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Conscientious people do. Canadians? Sometimes I just don't know anymore if they are just like anyone else. It scares me, but then I'm looking @ a bunch of other things and nothing can scare me anymore. Wise people ban 5G in their countries, Canada is not sure...they need more data, more graphs to get the full picture, and the faster the better. The cold of the North makes their brain slow to react.
5G can perhaps make their brain melt a little? ...Geez.
Australia has signed up for 5G. We always blindly follow the USA. Our motto should be changed to "Kick me, I like it" :rolleyes:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
? https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/huawei-ban-government-bell-telus-5g-1.4950521

? https://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-5g-qualcomm-20180314-story.html

It's the control of 5G that everyone wants to be afraid of by others taking control of it.
You want to control 5G by being your own leader, not by being controlled by someone else with it in your own country, and globally. I can see some of the future one hundred and one thousand years from now. If we could reborn and see it by living it we would be totally flabbergasted, blown completely away. Today we live in the prehistoric era compared to tomorrow when we travel to other galaxies and live on other planets.

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
The more I learn, the less I want it. I think it'll be a public crisis. Where I live there is no fiber, but I can tell you that you might see a lot of vandalism. (and good for anyone who's willing to fight it)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
First, I am learning as I go along with the pros and cons of 5G.
It is a very very good subject because it has many important implications in the years to come; economically, culturally, scientifically, socially, medically, investment wise (huge potential money rewards), expensively (very high costs), technologically, environmentally, geographically, physically, mentally, psychologically, sociologically, humanly, and health concern wise.

Thanks Bodhi for that video and link above. It opens our eyes in one of the most important aspects of 5G; the fragile balance between medical healing, faster entertainment downloads, faster extractions of the digital music world, an eye and ear on everything we do (any and every move are monitored in totality without any privacy), and the real scientific and physical and mental harms that it poses on human and animal and living plants and planet's atmosphere health.

? FRIGHTENING FREQUENCIES: THE DANGERS OF 5G & WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THEM

As I am reading and learning more about 5G I am becoming more aware of its effects going forwards on our societies and humankind, of its values @ the high price of giving up our independence, intimacy and mental health (physical too).
I see 5G making us like robots controlled by whoever is pulling the strings from above.

I like movies, I like music, I like analog turntables and open-reel-tape decks because they don't use deadly supersonic high radioactive wave frequencies. You can live in harmony, independent, free, healthy, in privacy with total secrecy and romance with analog turntables and tape decks.
It's a choice we're all free to make and even more valid and beneficial today than yesterday...and going forward to tomorrow. Healthy people listen to analog music...mentally and physically, and it makes better lovers (romance and lovemaking). :)

Read the article from the link above, please. Or don't but it's best to, I seriously think. You're free anyway, no one is in control of your life and mind and body and soul but you. When you listen to music it's nobody else but you who is listening. You are in your temple, the sacred space of all that is good spiritually and sanitary...Mozart, Coltrane and all that jazz. ...Billie Holiday included.
_____

Here's another article from the Washington Post:

? 5G: What is it good for? | Innovations • Perspective

Music, Films, Space, Physics, Psychology, Telecommunications, Energy, Technology, Science, Travels, Digital and 5G. We are the future every single day we are building it with grace and humanity and balance.

It's going to be a dynamite year...the year 2019.

Reactions: Bodhi

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The latest on Huawei's CFO, Huawei chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
What frequency band is being used for 5G?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing