What brand are these speakers?

Nuprin

Jan 9, 2020
NC
Curious to know what brand these speakers are if anyone can help identifying them. Having never heard how they actually sound, I must admit their looks are stunning.

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
Curious to know what brand these speakers are if anyone can help identifying them. Having never heard how they actually sound, I must admit their looks are stunning.

Estelon speakers, link below:

Estelon Loudspeakers

Nuprin

Jan 9, 2020
NC
Thank You!

Thomas_GER

Sep 26, 2020
Würzburg, Germany
I could hear the Estelon loudspeakers at High End 2019.

There was a lot of classical music going on and the seducer had a fable for Ennio Morricone.

And it sounded INCREDIBLY good!

Driven by Vitus Audio amplifiers i think.

So natural and far.
Great resolution!

And the speakers are real sculptures!

Breathtaking!

Best regards
thomas 20190510_130807.jpg

Reactions: Nuprin

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I could hear the Estelon loudspeakers at High End 2019.

There was a lot of classical music going on and the seducer had a fable for Ennio Morricone.

And it sounded INCREDIBLY good!

Driven by Vitus Audio amplifiers i think.

So natural and far.
Great resolution!

And the speakers are real sculptures!

Breathtaking!

Best regards
thomas View attachment 70663
those are CH Precision Amps

Reactions: Nuprin

Nuprin

Jan 9, 2020
NC
Most of us care about the sound first and foremost but I must say, having the speakers be attractive like artwork that is beautiful to look at and appreciate only adds to the experience.

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
Most of us care about the sound first and foremost but I must say, having the speakers be attractive like artwork that is beautiful to look at and appreciate only adds to the experience.

I can certainly relate to that:

6506EB61-C591-4CEE-8D35-A17216BBC640.jpeg

Thomas_GER

Sep 26, 2020
Würzburg, Germany
those are CH Precision Amps

Hi Elliot,

you are absolutely right.
My mistake, sorry for that.

I had the High End 2018 in mind (see picture below).
Those are the one I'm talking about.

I found the 2018 demonstration even better than in 2019.

best regards
Thomas Screenshot_20201023-213729_Facebook.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hi Elliot,

you are absolutely right.
My mistake, sorry for that.

I had the High End 2018 in mind (see picture below).
Those are the one I'm talking about.

I found the 2018 demonstration even better than in 2019.

best regards
Thomas View attachment 70667
those are different speakers as well Sir LOL

Thomas_GER

Sep 26, 2020
Würzburg, Germany
so what?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

The Estelon reference speakers are indeed beautiful, and on top of everything else, with a remote the entire upper section moves up and down to adjust for listening distance, room, etc. I am 'guessing' similar to Wilson's manual adjustments to the upper modules and Focal's Grande Utopia which has a hand crank that moves all of the upper modules in a uniformed pattern for dispersion.

I was very impressed with many of the elements of its clarity, balance and ability to display a reasonable amount of tonal nuance and detail. For those who just must have it all, where I stopped the 'all out assault' label is when I turned it up (in a reasonable sized room and loud...30' x 25' x 11'?)...relative to other big speakers like big Wilsons, Focal Grande Utopia (let alone Genesis 1 or Arrakis)...it started to struggle rapidly, and the 'decline' of the structure of the sound when I turned the knob was a test I admit to not being fully satisfied by.

This was at a launch, and I know sometimes these things get worked out in subsequent 'silent upgrades', etc...but that is one area where I would say it fell slightly short of that all-out reference moniker. Otherwise, I really, really enjoyed listening to it.

Nuprin

Jan 9, 2020
NC
Would love to hear some of their more affordable entry level speakers someday...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing