What are the best desk speakers for a MacBookPro

MementoMori

Nov 18, 2016
Hi there, I am looking to replace the speakers I have hooked up to my MacBookPro. Looking for desk-based, USB-based (or otherwise compatible, even if I have to use special audio-to-USB adapters without too much loss) computer speakers with booming bass so I can blast my techno music and my neighbors can keep hating me. Someone in the past had mentioned Audioengine A2 PLUS. Is that still the numero uno?

Thanks

mm

soundArgument

May 12, 2013
London
Hi there, I am looking to replace the speakers I have hooked up to my MacBookPro. Looking for desk-based, USB-based (or otherwise compatible, even if I have to use special audio-to-USB adapters without too much loss) computer speakers with booming bass so I can blast my techno music and my neighbors can keep hating me. Someone in the past had mentioned Audioengine A2 PLUS. Is that still the numero uno?

Thanks

mm

Kii 3, though perhaps a bit large for some desks.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK

Thanks

mm

I bought the A2 plus for my brother as he creates soundtracks etc and I was impressed by their soundstagewidth/depth and power delivery.
Just give them a good signal otherwise they will reveal the limitations of the source file.
Yes, you could buy better but how much space do you want to lose on your desk?
Cheers

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
ADAM Artist 5s for me

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing