Walker Prelude Powder

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Does anyone know if the powder to make the Walker Prelude cleaning fluid would have an expiry in its powdered form before mixing?

I used Prelude with my Loricraft PRC-3. It's a good system though I replaced it with AIVS.

Not aware of any expiration date before mixing although a mixture is only good for 8 hours. That tells me it is enzyme based.

Compare of Audio Intelligent with Prelude - towards the end.

pcosta

Jul 25, 2010
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ask because I have some powder still. The instructions do state once mixed it has a life of 8 - 10 hours. I will use it up before I go with other fluids. I also have a ultrasonic cleaning system but that is only done in batches. I'll use the Prelude for a single record I want to hear.

I read your review, very descriptive and thorough. In the Walker user instructions it states vacuum solution off after less than 60 seconds. Do you think the Walker solution would be more effective if we allowed it to soak for as long as the AIVS.

Last edited:
Reactions: tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I ask because I have some powder still. The instructions do state once mixed it has a life of 8 - 10 hours. I will use it up before I go with other fluids. I also have a ultrasonic cleaning system but that is only done in batches. I'll use the Prelude for a single record I want to hear.

I read your review, very descriptive and thorough. In the Walker user instructions it states vacuum solution off after less than 60 seconds. Do you think the Walker solution would be more effective if we allowed it to soak for as long as the AIVS.

As far soaking with the Prelude -- you can try it -- I don't remember doing that myself but its been a while. I followed the instructions as Walker laid them out and did get good results. I don't think a longer soak will do any harm, just whether it is effective or not. The Walker High Resolution Rinse did help.

Either Prelude or AIVS does take a while with all the rinse steps. That review is going on 12 years now. It was at the high-tide of point nozzle vacuum cleaning. For those continuing that approach, imo, the Prelude or AIVS are the best products. I tried quite a few before using those. I still have my Loricraft but have not used it since I built my DIY system.

It is quite satisfying to see the advances and refinements to record cleaning over the past 10 years or so.

Reactions: pcosta

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing