VS-1 Sub Repair / Issue

Dapuma

Dec 24, 2022
Hello

I have a VS-1 sub, and it has stopped working. Mostly it is not firing at all, however sometimes it has a few vibrations to the speaker with little to no sound. I “think” that the fuse went in the amp again. This happened once before, and I got help from someone local who could assist (pretty sure they were in Peoria). I believe after seeing the fuse being replaced once I could probably do it again myself. If I remember correctly, you have to take the amp out of the back by unscrewing it, then take out all the insulation, then there is a fuse that can be replaced somewhere in there. That is what I remember happening, however that was around ten years ago…so it could be a little hazy.

Last time, we didn’t bother hooking up the light in the front, that took skills beyond either of us. That is not important to me. If I am remembering the repair steps properly, can you please confirm and also let me know what type of fuse I should buy?

If it is something else, what would the potential repair steps be? I am located in Phoenix AZ if that is relevant.

Thanks

Damon Von Schweikert

WBF Technical Expert
Sep 15, 2016
California
www.vonschweikert.com
First I must apologize for not seeing this post earlier. I need to visit this forum more frequently!

We do have an amplifier replacement option for the original VR-S/1. Please call us at the factory and we can explain the details (951) 682-0706.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dapuma

Dec 24, 2022
Damon, thanks for your help and the good news. There is an amp replacement option if anyone else has this issue. I am going to see if the electrician can repair the amp, however if not there is a way to get it working again. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing