Viking Acoustics

VikingHorn

Sep 7, 2019
Viking Acoustics Response:

Always more to the story.

Dear Derek,

You ordered Viking Tube Master loudspeakers, we graciously accepted your trade-in of Viking Acoustics Speakers, built Tube Masters for you... you decided to change your order for Berlin MkIII speakers after Tube Masters were completely finished. We accepted: built and shipped Berlin Mk-III speakers to you. You then asked to return them we accepted your return; what we got back was damaged with one of the horns totally obliterated.

You got 1/2 a refund...

djsina2

May 30, 2019

Dear Derek,

You ordered Viking Tube Master loudspeakers, we graciously accepted your trade-in of Viking Acoustics Speakers, built Tube Masters for you... you decided to change your order for Berlin MkIII speakers after Tube Masters were completely finished. We accepted: built and shipped Berlin Mk-III speakers to you. You then asked to return them we accepted your return; what we got back was damaged with one of the horns totally obliterated.

You got 1/2 a refund...

Can a mod move this to the actual thread?

David, you should read my post. This is all mentioned there. I find it unacceptable that you ship me a horrible quality product and think a 50% refund is acceptable.

You got back a damaged product because of YOUR poor packing material.

How does any of this have anything to do with the fact you shipped me a product of unacceptable quality?

Why have you refused to refund the rest of my money?

And no it was not a return. You said I still owned the speakers but you would fix and re-sell them for me.

Last edited:

VikingHorn

Sep 7, 2019
Derek,

You received undamaged new goods Berlin R MkIIII and you returned damaged goods and this is clear: meantime, you continue the damage with inflammatory posts.

How else would this work?

VikingHorn

Sep 7, 2019

David, you should read my post. This is all mentioned there. I find it unacceptable that you ship me a horrible quality product and think a 50% refund is acceptable.

How does any of this have anything to do with the fact you shipped me a product of unacceptable quality?

And no it was not a return. You said I still owned the speakers but you would fix and re-sell them for me.

Derek, We produce a hand-made artisan product; the turned wood horns alone are half the value. Just throwing them in a box with total disregard, unprotected and shipping them back is not how this is done.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
David - I can see this is going to go around and around like the past year. I don’t know what to say… if you think the product I received was acceptable fit n finish for a high end ~$15k retail speaker then there will never be a meeting of the minds on this. I guess it’s good for potential customers to see the pictures of the actual speakers you sent me so they know what to expect. I will post more later tonight.

As I’ve stated over and over the speakers were shipped back to you, using your “factory” packaging, under your shipping account. I have nothing to do with the damage they received by the carrier. The speakers would have never been sent back if they arrived in acceptable condition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Argonaut and Gjo

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Derek, We produce a hand-made artisan product; the turned wood horns alone are half the value. Just throwing them in a box with total disregard, unprotected and shipping them back is not how this is done.
LOL!!! This is how you shipped them to me. I used your same boxes and scraps of misc packing material. This is comical now, borderline delusional.

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
This dispute reinforces the value of documenting the unboxing process with date stamped photos. Also, documenting the re-boxing process prior to return shipping.

It's particularly valuable now that FedEx and UPS are routinely denying damage claims due to insufficient packing.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
To recap, this is what Viking sold me for a high end artisan speaker. I’m supposed to think this is acceptable. Has anyone ever seen a speaker where the manufacturer can’t spend 15 min to fill the imperfections in the ply? No idea why all the paint is raised and cracking everywhere. The white spot on the corner is where I rubbed the paint with my thumb and it came off. The big ding on the front of the stand is how it was as pulled from the box. The box had no damage at all, was obviously shipped to me like this.

If I’m the crazy one someone please let me know. :D

Attachments

• A89C8F40-ADAA-4926-B91E-C4D8E62C0295.jpeg
    A89C8F40-ADAA-4926-B91E-C4D8E62C0295.jpeg
    526.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 4135970C-046E-44DE-9B20-30739EAD760F.jpeg
    4135970C-046E-44DE-9B20-30739EAD760F.jpeg
    505.3 KB · Views: 132
  • F6C0EA3A-5A94-45D5-B563-18BB687E0275.jpeg
    F6C0EA3A-5A94-45D5-B563-18BB687E0275.jpeg
    489.5 KB · Views: 128
  • B509F250-6D7A-4380-BE33-9D2937871754.jpeg
    B509F250-6D7A-4380-BE33-9D2937871754.jpeg
    496.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 779CED8B-4C2F-41A0-94A3-D32651DEFE2D.jpeg
    779CED8B-4C2F-41A0-94A3-D32651DEFE2D.jpeg
    473.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 31C5ECB2-7393-4B39-80CE-2F708B8EA199.jpeg
    31C5ECB2-7393-4B39-80CE-2F708B8EA199.jpeg
    460.7 KB · Views: 127
  • A12994D5-A730-48CE-ABDB-B22191CB4EC0.jpeg
    A12994D5-A730-48CE-ABDB-B22191CB4EC0.jpeg
    515.9 KB · Views: 131

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
To recap, this is what Viking sold me for a high end artisan speaker. I’m supposed to think this is acceptable. Has anyone ever seen a speaker where the manufacturer can’t spend 15 min to fill the imperfections in the ply? No idea why all the paint is raised and cracking everywhere. The white spot on the corner is where I rubbed the paint with my thumb and it came off. The big ding on the front of the stand is how it was as pulled from the box. The box had no damage at all, was obviously shipped to me like this.

If I’m the crazy one someone please let me know. :D
Many years ago, I ordered ~$12k loudspeakers with high gloss wood veneer. This was a considerable sum of money for us at the time.

When I unboxed them, I was disappointed to see some flaws in the stain below the gloss topcoat. I mentioned this to my dealer (and provided photos). She discussed it with the manufacturer and I was provided a partial refund because the manufacturer agreed that while the defects were small, they weren't up to the company's standards.

It was a satisfactory result, and we enjoyed those speakers for over a decade. I recently ordered an upgraded model from the same company.

Goodwill was maintained.

Reactions: djsina2

oldhvymec

VIP/Donor
Mar 25, 2022
What you will also notice on the Audio GONE forums THEY erased the whole thread that outlined the WHOLE mess. I've never seen such a collaboration of BAD behavior between a Dealer's poor choice and a web site that is suppose to encourage transparency and honesty.

All I've ever asked of others is to be as honest as you can. It's pretty apparent that is NOT what happens at AG. If that was the first time I might not say anything. Countless times I've seen the same thing.

It's pretty easy to play a game IF you know the rules. Erasing BAD publicity for a BAD deal is no way to help out fellow buyers. I make my choices on others opinions. It's pretty hard to make "THIS" story up.

Why would ANY web site erase the truth from a buying public? Shady Kattie. At this point if anything has an AG endorsement, I question EVERYTHING about what's being sold. I refuse to have anything to do with their buying or selling. I'm PRO labor all the way. Retired from 2 Unions. I don't recommend doing business with a business that practices that kind of behavior.

I'm pro business all the way. I better be. Having a rabbit, dog, goat, chickens, kids, grandkids an a few others, including a wife it is a business just to mind my own business.

I really don't need to worry about "Shady Kattie and the Reviews" being the truth or NOT. I always thought integrity required ALL parties to reveal the facts.

The company in question can certainly respond. Can't they? I advise discretion on their part.

I want to thank this site and it's commitment to letting the facts be displayed. That means a LOT to a bunch of very loyal long time audiophilers looking for good advise and a new place to find it. The site's privacy policies are fine. They seem to be applied across the board. I like impartial moderation and good manners.. What a refreshing atmosphere

It's sad to see a site get verbally black listed like AG. They brought it on themselves. Customers service doesn't end just because you try to hide it. It's the same way they treat there all their members, POORLY.
They may have thousands on the books but only a few are "allowed".

If this thread stays up, maybe (LOL) you might get a NEW, FREE, promotional set of their newest speakers.

I'll put 50.00 usd towards the shipping. :)

I still like Speaker-X that is one cool idea, I like it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: djsina2 and Gjo

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I once got a pair of KEF reference close to half off for a tiny scuff. They went out of their way to offer me options: return for full refund, replace the baffle or take a big discount. I chose the latter obviously and walked away super happy… Customer service means a lot when it comes to expensive stuff.

oldhvymec

VIP/Donor
Mar 25, 2022
Heck I'll take it up to 100.00 on the shipping. Count me in. I'll help.

I admit on another site my offer would be removed, along with the word naked. If I use to mention the word "Naked". My post would evaporate.

Acoustic give the guy a pair of speakers. Really! This customer is right. Unless it's my business then the customer is ALWAYS wrong. I have double standards..

You actually want to argue with a customer about what you did wrong? Give him the best speakers you have. Do the right thing. Apologize to the customer admit you're wrong and send him some speakers.
Apologize on line in front of everyone.. That is the right thing to do. You were wrong. At least your not erasing it or having it erased..

Two and half years, are you kidding? Throw in some cables too, the best you have will work..

I like the Speaker-X speakers did I mention that?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gjo and djsina2

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
There is a good reason why you should buy from a local dealer. You see what you get, and if there is a problem, it is taken care of right away.

Reactions: gleeds

VikingHorn

Sep 7, 2019
David - I can see this is going to go around and around like the past year. I don’t know what to say… if you think the product I received was acceptable fit n finish for a high end ~$15k retail speaker then there will never be a meeting of the minds on this. I guess it’s good for potential customers to see the pictures of the actual speakers you sent me so they know what to expect. I will post more later tonight.

As I’ve stated over and over the speakers were shipped back to you, using your “factory” packaging, under your shipping account. I have nothing to do with the damage they received by the carrier. The speakers would have never been sent back if they arrived in acceptable condition.
Derek,
You didn't pay $15k you paid $4k and traded in your old speakers. We fully refunded your payment less 3% for the credit card fee; and we got destroyed speakers back.
Please remove all the posts you've initiated.
I've pictures of the 3 pairs of speakers we built for you switching orders etc, etc, etc. We even gifted you a $6500 Meastro tube amplifier with the Berlin order. This would have been 100% better had you let us correct the paint issues any issues we would correct for free plus free shipping It would have been better for you to wait till we could send you Kubox crates that we paid for so you could safely return the Berlin Loudspeakers but instead chose to be a complete Jack Ass; treating the product like it had zero value. You even call it Garbage in one of your posts on A-Gone.
I was prepared to send more $$ to buffer the unfortunate return/ trade-in but seems you're more intent on trashing VA.

Attachments

• IMG_20211213_155538931.jpg
    IMG_20211213_155538931.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 56

VikingHorn

Sep 7, 2019
Derek,
You didn't pay $15k you paid $4k and traded in your old speakers. We fully refunded your payment less 3% for the credit card fee; and we got destroyed speakers back.
Please remove all the posts you've initiated.
I've pictures of the 3 pairs of speakers we built for you switching orders etc, etc, etc. We even gifted you a $6500 Meastro tube amplifier with the Berlin order. This would have been 100% better had you let us correct the paint issues any issues we would correct for free plus free shipping It would have been better for you to wait till we could send you Kubox crates that we paid for so you could safely return the Berlin Loudspeakers but instead chose to be a complete Jack Ass; treating the product like it had zero value. You even call it Garbage in one of your posts on A-Gone.
I was prepared to send more $$ to buffer the unfortunate return/ trade-in but seems you're more intent on trashing VA.

Attachments

• IMG_20210619_074044466.jpg
    IMG_20210619_074044466.jpg
    591 KB · Views: 41

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Never said I paid $15k. That’s what you list it for on your site. I paid $4665 cash + my trade in pair which you listed for $6250 on your site. I never asked for or wanted your amp. It was a freebie you threw in, which you were doing for all new orders, as stated on your website. Never used it and sent it back to you. You keep acting like you’re doing me all these favors and keep bringing up completely irrelevant things. Bottom line is you shipped me a pair of speakers that were horrible. Anyone can see the pics I posted. You obviously think that’s a great finish to a high end speaker, nobody else does! Also, you keep blaming me for the return shipping damage but I used your packaging. Hilarious how you’re fine shipping them to me in the laughable packaging but when I use the exact same packaging to ship them back it’s suddenly a big problem and my fault and I’m treating them with zero value.

If you had any intention of returning my money you would have done it 6 months ago when you cashed the check from the new owner. But no, you sent me excuse after excuse in email for 6 months and outright lied saying they were not sold. The new owner is on this forum and confirmed when you cashed the check. Now suddenly when I post my experience online you claim you were just getting to sending that money.

Attachments

• 5ED1A7B8-D07D-401C-94A8-F96AAE8405C4.jpeg
    5ED1A7B8-D07D-401C-94A8-F96AAE8405C4.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

djsina2

May 30, 2019
For those following along my Berlin are in the first picture he posted on the left hand side, not the red ones. Also, the 2nd picture has nothing to do with me or this ongoing saga. This his is newest TubeMaster model with the solid wood box. Again, nothing to do with me and was created years after this whole mess started.

VikingHorn

Sep 7, 2019

Dear Derek,

You got 1/2 a refund...

Never said I paid $15k. That’s what you list it for on your site. I paid $4625 cash + my trade in pair which you listed for $6250 on your site. I never asked for or wanted your amp. It was a freebie you threw in, which you were doing for all new orders, as stated on your website. Never used it and sent it back to you. You keep acting like you’re doing me all these favors and keep bringing up completely irrelevant things. Bottom line is you shipped me a pair of speakers that were horrible. Anyone can see the pics I posted. You obviously think that’s a great finish to a high end speaker, nobody else does! Also, you keep blaming me for the return shipping damage but I used your packaging. Hilarious how you’re fine shipping them to me in the laughable packaging but when I use the exact same packaging to ship them back it’s suddenly a big problem and my fault and I’m treating them with zero value.

If you had any intention of return my money you would have done it 6 months ago when you cashed the check from the new owner. But no, you sent me excuse after excuse in email for 6 months and outright lied saying they were not sold. The new owner is on this forum and confirmed when you cashed the check. Now suddenly when I post my experience online you claim you were just getting to sending that money.
The fact that you changed your order three times granted with our help: Berlin 1887, TubeMaster, and the final Berlin pair shows we'll go the extra 20 miles to get it right for the customer. All you had to do was allow us to correct the paint issues and wait for the Kubox crates to be delivered to you... Then you could have had them corrected for free with free shipping both ways... without destroying them and had a cracking good amp to boot. Does anyone else in audio do this?

djsina2

May 30, 2019
And let me state David did say he would correct the issues and send them back. After waiting so long and being delivered something with so many issues I had no interest in going down that path again. Who knows how long it would have taken.

I still have to ask - why ship a speaker in such poor cosmetic condition? Did you expect any customer would open the box and be satisfied with the cracking paint and divots all over? What was the point? You had to know they were going to be immediately sent back. I cannot fathom why after 1.5 years waiting you shipped something like this. Then to try spinning it all around and blame the customer is unbelievable.

$4665 cash
$6250 trade in
Reselling my speakers $????
Refund $4200

I would say you made out pretty well on the deal.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
The fact that you changed your order three times granted with our help: Berlin 1887, TubeMaster, and the final Berlin pair shows we'll go the extra 20 miles to get it right for the customer. All you had to do was allow us to correct the paint issues and wait for the Kubox crates to be delivered to you... Then you could have had them corrected for free with free shipping both ways... without destroying them and had a cracking good amp to boot. Does anyone else in audio do this?

Never once said you are not flexible. I appreciate that and one of the reasons I stuck with you. However, as you mention the switching of orders was not a ME issue. There were things that happened which brought that on as mentioned in other posts. Nobody’s fault, things happen. Has absolutely nothing to do with what I received.

Also, you never once mentioned sending me crates to ship them back. You told me you couldn’t get crates which is why I got them sent to me in cheapie single boxes. I’ll remind you, YOU arranged to have them picked up and YOU shipped them on your carrier account.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing